⁽⁰⁰⁾ PROLOGUE

"sorry, i'm not into hugging men," dazai osamu announced, letting the tiger-shifter fall to the ground roughly

silent steps came through the doors. [name] [l.name], an agency member of three years. her blazer, sitting comfortably on her shoulders, fluttered slightly from the wind. next to her stood kunikida doppo, who began calling out to dazai.

"hey, dazai!"

dazai's attention was shifted to the two who stood at the entrance of the warehouse, and he narrowed his eyes, glaring slightly at the woman. she quickly noticed his irritated state, snickering at the reaction amusedly.

earlier that day, [name] had taken the liberty of offering a suicide tactic to the man. after several minutes of pain and discomfort, he realized it was a method of torture, rather than a way to off himself. he was still bitter.

"hey. took you long enough. i got the tiger already," he stated as his hand gestured to the miserably fallen boy on the floor. the sight of him made kunikida pause in his steps, an expression of shock overcoming his pretty features.

"that kid...so, it's him?"

"eh? you've met him already?" [name] asked quizzically. she had been summoned by kunikida last minute, so she was rightfully confused.

"the brat pulled this suicidal maniac out of the river and bought a surplus of chazuke on my dime!" the explanation drew a laugh from [name], who found entertainment in his demise.

"yeah, he has the power of the tiger. he doesn't seem to retain any memories after he transforms," the reported information was passed smoothly, but kunikida was still rather annoyed.

he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration, "geez, let me know beforehand next time. you gave me quite a fright."

it seemed kunikida's efforts went to waste, as dazai single handedly managed the situation with ease.

"thanks to you, i even deployed those who were off-duty. make sure to buy everyone a drink."

miyazawa kenji, yosano akiko, and edogawa ranpo emerged from the entrance, none of which were particularly bothered by kunikida's call for assistance.

"oh, come on. nobody got hurt? that's boring," yosano commented slyly. she was the armed detective agency's designated doctor, due to the convenience of her ability.

ranpo only laughed, "you're getting more and more dependable, dazai. but you still aren't in my league!"

kenji was the youngest out of the agency at only fourteen-years-old. physically, he was also the strongest because of his ability. kenji's presence never failed to put a smile on people's faces.

"but what should we do with this person? he still isn't aware of what he is, right?"

"well, dazai? he's designated as a dangerous beast in this area, after all," kunikida inquired.