⁽²⁰⁾ FAMILIAR FEELING

in the midst of their distraction, [name] had rekindled the electricity within her body, using their excitement to her advantage

in the midst of their distraction, [name] had rekindled the electricity within her body, using their excitement to her advantage. with the knife from her previous assassin, she made two swift slashes to the siblings' throats, cutting deeply enough to nearly sever their spinal cords. the ortho siblings were immediately incapacitated, left to die in the next minute or so.

it was a last-ditch effort on her part. having spent the last of her energy on a pure adrenaline rush, she began to calm her erratically beating heart, finally feeling the pain sink in her bones. before succumbing to the deep sleep that threatened to overtake her, she pulled the dart away from her forehead, a rolled-up ball of white bandages pressed to its tip.

[name]'s mind was a jumbled mess of panicked thoughts. is this really happening? am i going to die here?

damn it.

i wasn't any help at all.

dazai osamu and nakahara chuya had claimed their rightful victory over steinbeck and his damn-near invincible partner, lovecraft. the infamous double black had resorted to using the true extent of chuya's gift, but they won, nonetheless.

upon the nullification of his tiresome ability, chuya fell to the ground with strained breaths and dozed off. he trusted that dazai would carry out the plans of taking him to the predetermined extraction point.

in dazai's defense, he was going to take him there (no, he really wasn't), but a certain factor of his plan had not worked out as it should have. before recovering yumeno kyusaku from the guild, the armed detective agency gathered to discuss the operation.

[l.name] [name] would be off to the warehouse street, as per her 'love letter' (as she liked to call it). dazai would recapture q from the guild's hideout. as soon as she had finished her business with her 'secret admirer', [name] would join dazai to reconvene.

(if she was feeling ever so kind, she might have even taken on dazai's job of bringing chuya to the extraction point.)

[name] was not supposed to have taken as long as she did. [name] was supposed to be with him already. where the fuck is she?

(bleeding out heavily, but dazai doesn't know that!)

so, instead of bringing chuya to the extraction point, dazai folded the ginger's discarded jacket and allowed it to act as a makeshift pillow. he gave one last glance to his sleeping ex-partner before leaving the mess of a scene.

the agent called for a taxi, requesting that he may be dropped off at the fifteenth district of the warehouse street.

when dazai arrived at [name]'s presumed location, he found no traces of the woman. he ventured further into the area, searching for any sign of his coworker.