⁽¹⁴⁾ FAILED MISSION

she realized it was too late to turn back when kenji and junichiro spotted her nearing figure

she realized it was too late to turn back when kenji and junichiro spotted her nearing figure. "[l.name]! over here!"

mori discreetly perked up at the name of the assassin he was so fond of, glancing in her direction. they made eye contact. the man sent her a knowing smirk, relishing in the subtle grimace on her face.

he acted as if he hadn't done anything, easily putting on the act of a worried parent.

"oh, elise!"

[name] internally gagged, and continued forward.

"hey! kenji, junichiro, naomi!"

nakajima atsushi and izumi kyoka conversed within the agency office, the former holding an envelope of files for kyoka's first non-assassination mission, while the latter listened intently.

after explaining the necessary details, atsushi quickly added, "oh! under the president's orders, [l.name] will be joining us, as well. she should be here soon."

"i'll do my best," kyoka determinedly replied.

after [name] arrived, the trio was able to leave for the nearest train station. seeing as it was a work-related trip, the agency funds covered the cost, as usual. unlike atsushi's previous experience with ranpo, none of them required assistance throughout the process.

sooner than later, they arrived at the courthouse, in which kyoka would (hopefully) succeed in bringing files to the court's judge.

"we can't enter?"

"you need a permit."

the young girl insisted, "but it's almost time."

yet again, she was denied, thus leading to her retreat. she informed [name] and atsushi of her dilemma, and the two decided to make their own phone calls to seek help.

(atsushi immediately struck down [name]'s brilliant idea of sneaking past security — something about illegal activities? how boring.)

and so, atsushi dialled the judge, whereas [name] called fukuzawa. neither of them received any luck, as hinted by the ever so annoying ring of their phones.

probably tending to some cat he found on the street, [name] bitterly thought to herself, i can't believe he's doing that without me.

"no answer from fukuzawa."

"the judge isn't picking up. i guess there was some miscommunication. we have to do something about the guard."

curiously tilting her head to the side, kyoka asked, "take care of him?"

she proceeded to sensually lift the end of her kimono, displaying her bare legs. "first, i'll use my charms to lure him into a deserted place, then stab..."