⁽⁰²⁾ MAFIA ENCOUNTERS

dazai and [name] knew better than to fall for the antics of their supposed client

dazai and [name] knew better than to fall for the antics of their supposed client. though [name] had never been knowledgeable in remembering names, she could recall most faces without difficulty. keeping that in mind, she and dazai were relatively on the same page.

the poorly disguised woman was from the port mafia.

as to not alert anyone else, [name] inconspicuously handed a listening device to dazai, who nodded in thanks.

"so...you've mentioned that you'd like to request an investigation, but what manner of investigation are we speaking of here?" junichiro queried, looking toward the blonde woman seated in front of him. however, the woman was unable to answer, as dazai stepped forward and took her hand in his own, simultaneously slipping the bug into her pocket with discretion while she was distracted.

"beautiful. you're a lady as ephemeral and elegant as a lotus blossom. would you be willing to join me in a double suicide-" his shameless request was cut off by kunikida's swift uppercut, which sent him tumbling toward another room.

kunikida approached the fallen man with the intent to drag him further into the room, "apologies for the disturbance. don't worry. please disregard what just happened."

the four remaining agents sweatdropped as the door slammed shut, slowly turning their attention back to the client when the sounds of kunkida's attacks mixed with dazai's noises of pain.

"regarding my request..."

still somewhat worried for the suicidal maniac, junichiro stuttered out a response, "y-yes?"

"well, it seems there's recently been a group of unsavory people loitering in my company building's back alley," she informed.

kunikida's angered beatings were still heard, loud and clear. [name] held back her laughs while the three teens tried to ignore it to the best of their abilities, "and by unsavory, you mean..."

feigning a worried tone, higuchi softly said, "they appear to be dressed in rags. some of them have been heard speaking a foreign language."

"they must be smugglers or some such. the military police may police all they want, but they keep multiplying like rats on a ship. they're inevitable in a port town," kunikida declared, finally done with dazai's battering.

"if we had evidence that they're running afoul of the law, we could ask the military police, so..."

"you want us to investigate the place and get that evidence. brat," he called out to the newly hired agency member.

atsushi quickly responded, "huh?"

"you will go."

"what?!" atsushi's expression turned shocked, almost fearful.

"it's a simple stakeout job. besides, smugglers are mostly harmless. they're usually only good at making a break for it. it's the perfect first job for you. tanizaki, go with him."