⁽⁰⁹⁾ IDEAL WOMAN

a handful of young men were found in a tightly sealed container of some sort

a handful of young men were found in a tightly sealed container of some sort. similar to the state of sasaki, they had also been stripped down to their undergarments.

they desperately pleaded for help as their fists pounded against the container's surface.

kunikida ran toward them, pressing his hands to the walls. he shouted frantically, "are you alright?!"

"get us out of here!"

all of a sudden, a gaseous substance surged from the overhead device within the container.

[name] immediately recognized the airborne poison as she alerted, "it's gas!"

"get back, atsushi! you too, kunikida!" dazai warned.

the blond ignored their yells, still trying to communicate with the poor victims.

"hey, hang in there! hey!"

"kunikida!" dazai wrapped his arms around kunikida's waist, tugging him away from the gas infused area.

he fought against dazai's hold, reaching out to the dying group of men. "let me go, dazai! people shouldn't die like this! let me go!"

the whirring of a machine caught [name]'s attention, and she looked up, only to see an actively working camera on the ceiling. her eyes widened in shock, but she quickly destroyed it with the shot of a gun.

it was too late, for the camera had already caught more than enough evidence needed to incriminate the armed detective agency.

"victims of yokohama's serial kidnapping case were found, but perished when a detective agency conducted an independent raid," atsushi read from the daily newspaper's article. a picture attached to the article even displayed kunikida's panic-stricken face in front of the glass.

"so this was the enemy's objective," kunikida noted.

atsushi disbelievingly questioned, "you're saying they were trying to frame the agency? that was their plan all along?"

"maybe it wasn't my time to shine, despite what dazai said..." he took a deep breath, "where's sasaki?"

"she should be in the infirmary."

the building was rather quiet, due to the lack of inhabitants. unlike the typical chaos and commotion on the fourth floor, only soft laughs and giggles echoed from the infirmary. most of the agency employees had either gone home, or were assigned to their own missions from the president.

"oh, that's great," dazai commented. he and [name] were seated beside sasaki's bed, though the latter stayed relatively silent. she chimed into the conversation occasionally, but bided her time by observing the other woman. kunikida walked into the room, causing the three to turn their heads in his direction. atsushi curiously peeked in from behind kunikida's taller form.