⁽⁰⁷⁾ KUNIKIDAD

"dazai, you're slowing us down

"dazai, you're slowing us down. [name] has been carrying you on her back for the past ten minutes. get down, and walk faster."

without so much as a warning, [name] let go of his legs, prompting the taller man to fall unsteadily. he stumbled on his feet for a few moments, trying to regain his balance.

"'kay..." dazai mumbled in reply to kunikida's strict demand. he folded his arms behind his head, slowly trailing after the other agents in front of him. the mushroom incident from the morning left him in a bit of a daze, but he was more or less back to normal.

(keep in mind, that would be a dazai standard of normal.)

kunikida alerted them once more, "we only have two minutes and fifteen seconds until the appointment!"

"that's concerning," dazai commented with an uninterested tone.

[name] snickered, "calm down, grandpa."

kunikida snapped his head around and faced his female coworker angrily. "hey, i'm not old! can't you tell that i'm the same age as you?!"

to which she stopped walking, blatant shock evident on her features.

"huh?! no way! i could have sworn you were, like, thirty! and that's being generous

"huh?! no way! i could have sworn you were, like, thirty! and that's being generous."

"you've known me since i joined the agency- you know what? never mind," he grumbled.

atsushi meekly spoke up from his place between his three superiors, "is it okay for me to tag along?"

"this is part of your rookie training. this case involves solving a series of disappearances in yokohama," kunikida answered.

"if i recall, it's the one where visitors to yokohama keep disappearing one after another, right?"

"we have an anonymous tip. the victims have been kidnapped and imprisoned in a certain location."

as the group idly conversed with one another, they reached the entrance of the old warehouse, where they would meet with a certain person who had information on the anonymous tip. the pungent scent of oil and iron overwhelmed their noses from the moment they stepped within the vicinity.