⁽⁰³⁾ CHOCOLATE AND CRIMES

"[name]! i bought more candy, and i got some of those chocolates you like," ranpo said cheerfully

"[name]! i bought more candy, and i got some of those chocolates you like," ranpo said cheerfully. from his desk, he held up a box of chocolate robots, which happened to be [name]'s favorites. the sight of her beloved sweets persuaded her to run toward ranpo before snatching the box out of his hands.

"thank you, ranpo," [name] replied, equally as cheerful. her mood was lifted, thanks to the candy. ranpo smiled, then continued with whatever business he had been taking care of beforehand.

(said business was actually spinning around in his chair with a bag of chips in hand.)

just before she could open the package, she heard several sets of footsteps coming from outside of the office's door.

far too many to be a client.

"aw, man," heaving a disappointed sigh, she did what she could to protect her treasured chocolate. shoving the box into her desk, she readied herself for the likely ambush that would ensue.

kenji turned to the woman in concern, "what's wrong, [l.name]-"

his question was interrupted by the the sound of the door flying off its own hinges, the culprit holding his hand out by the doorway. as the door crashed against the floor, it snapped in half, pieces of wood bursting from the impact. kenji had spun around and yelped in shock.

kunikida glared, "who are you?"

"my apologies. even though you're a detective agency, we forgot to make an appointment. and we forgot to knock," the mafioso stated.

irritated by the fact that she was unable to enjoy her chocolate in peace, [name] countered, "duh. can't you see we're busy? raid us some other time."

"i hope you'll overlook these mishaps. our errand will be over soon enough." the black lizard pulled up their loaded machine guns, and the five agents across the room backed away in precaution.

gunshots resonated throughout the agency office as the glass windows shattered. the detectives used this as their cue to knock out every single enemy. [name] dealt with at least half of the black lizard. using her speed to deliver a quick chop to the backs of their necks, she hit the proper nerves, successfully forcing them into an unconscious state.

everyone else did their part while ranpo, a relatively non-combative member, sat atop a desk and delighted in his drink. all of a sudden, atsushi burst through what would have been the door, yelling out, "stop!"

dealing a final blow to the commander of the black lizard, kunikida twisted his wrist as the older man writhed in pain. "so you're finally back, brat."

atsushi deadpanned at the scene in front of him, his eyebrows twitching in confusion. bullet holes decorated the agency walls, unconscious bodies laid in random places, and kenji held one of the guns with a far too interested look on his face.