18

Perth stared at his hands, feeling highly depressed and just alone. It was midnight and Perth usually was asleep right now, most likely deep into a nightmare he couldn't wake from, but tonight was different.

He didn't like not being at work. Usually, when he was at home, he'd sleep away, but how could he sleep when he didn't have a place of business anymore?

Perth sighed, just wanting... He wanted comfort. But Perth was cold and alone and no one wanted to comfort him, they just wanted to have sex with him.

Perth, more than once, thought about calling Saint. It was absurd, but he knew, somehow, that Saint could most likely keep him relaxed.

Bas was the other option, but Perth would probably end up distracting himself by fucking Bas, but that wouldn't get anything done, now would it?

Perth closed his eyes and fell back, breathing shallowing out.

The street was dark. Perth stumbled down it, feeling exhausted from going out and getting high. He was only sixteen, but Perth was always out. He was always getting drunk or high. He was always trying to forget.

Suddenly, there was a shout and the sound of a gun. Perth looked up, trying to decipher which house the tortured screams were coming from, before the door of his own house was busted open and two men were darting out.

They hopped into a car and sped off, not even noticing the teenager standing by the street lamp.

A sudden thought took over Perth's mind as the screaming stopped and he was rushing into his house. Dread was crawling through his blood. He entered the family room and stopped.

Perth let out a scream, blood-curdling and horrid

"Perth!"

Perth shot up, body covered in sweat, breath erratic. His eyes snapped and he jumped at the shadowy figure above him but relaxed when a small hand gripped his shoulder.

Perth reached over and cut on his lamp, feeling highly embarrassed that someone had witnessed him in such a
fragile state.

Saint was there, eyes watery, cheeks flushed, looking like a damn wreck.

"What are you doing here?" Perth asked, rubbing his eyes. "How did you find me?"

Saint looked around the bedroom, biting his lip. "I-I told your boss what was happening between us," Saint croaked out.

"You did?! What did he say?"

"He just... He smiled and was telling me that's it okay until-until my own boss walked in and said he heard. I'm f-fired. For lying."

Perth's mouth gaped open, a little shocked by Saint's confession. "Your boss fired you even after-"

"Yes!" Saint sobbed, finally breaking down. "And-And Peter comforted me and gave me your address because you wouldn't answer the ph-phone and I wasn't g-going to come, P-Perth, but I'm so... so... SO-"

To Saint's surprise, Perth grabbed his
waist and brought him to sit down, letting out a light sigh and thumbing Saint's jaw.

"I know, love. I just... I wish I knew why Earth was at Alive."

There was a hushed silence. Saint was still sniffling and Perth's breathing was still a little off, but they didn't say a word, Perth just hugged the boy who was mourning over his dead friend.

•••

Perth knocked on the door of Scott's office, feeling rather angry.

The man opened the door, blinking at the sight of Saint and Perth. "What do you want?"

"Hire Saint back," Perth snapped, crossing his arms.

"No! Don't come in here demanding-"

"I swear to any existent god out there that if you don't hire Saint back, I'll make your life a living hell!" Perth growled, and, yeah, he was a little scary when angry.

"I'll call security," Scott warned; his voice was shaky.

"Do it," Perth challenged, cracking his knuckles.

Scott fish-mouthed before glancing between the two. "I didn't start that fire, Perth-"

"I defended you, Scott! I had just lost my job, my other home, but I was still willing to defend you against my own boss. I'm not playing some game here. You shouldn't have fired Saint."

"Honestly, it's not your business-"

"Please," Saint squeaked.

Scott stuttered before casting his eyes toward the ceiling.

"Saint... I'd hire you back... But we're only open for another week."

Saint stared, a bit shocked. "We can't shut down, we're the only gay strip club left-"

"Saint," Scott said sadly. "There's another club open. And without Alive, we just can't compete."