28

Perth drummed his fingers on the table, waiting for Saint to show up. He checked his phone for the time.

6:14 p.m.

Saint was fourteen minutes late. On normal circumstances, Perth would be livid, but he was trying his hardest to be someone Saint could fall in love with.

"Still not ready to order?" The waitress asked, coming back for the third time.

"I told you I was waiting for someone" Perth said harshly, tucking his lip between his lip. "But thank you."

The waitress left with a sigh. Perth rubbed his hands together, checking his phone again.

6:17 p.m.

Perth swallowed, nervous with the idea that maybe Saint decided to ditch Perth.

Perth was about to just get up and leave when a body plopped in the seat across from him and he looked up to see a sheepish Saint.

"Sorry, Perth, I left my phone at home
and I got pulled over! Got a ticket for twenty over the speed limit," Saint explained, folding his hands.

"It's okay," Perth said even though his heart was thumping in relief. "You look beautiful."

Saint blushed, a pale pink tinting his cheeks as he shrugged. He was wearing a tight-fitting black dress with see-through sleeves that continued to show his collarbones before turning into jet back fabric. He added strappy, robin's egg blue heels and dusted his lips with red lipstick.

"You look dashing yourself," Saint hummed, looking over Perth's body, clad in an all-black attire. Nevertheless, Perth was stunning.

"Ready now?" The waitress said as she appeared, eyeing Saint carefully.

"Drinks would be nice. Two glasses of your finest wine, please," Perth requested. The waitress nodded, giving Saint a glare and leaving.

"Look through your menu, doll, decide what you'd like" Perth urged.

Saint shrugged his tiny shoulders. "I'd like the shrimp salad. It's my favourite."

"Been here before?" Perth asked in shock.

"Ages ago," Saint said with a wave of his hand. "Back to when I was fucking the guys who showed up at my club. They'd buy me fancy dinner and then take me home."

Perth's stomach lurched. He hated even knowing Saint had been in bed with someone else.

"I really want you," Saint said suddenly, eyeing the way Perth's tattoos showed under his unbuttoned shirt.

"This isn't about sex, Saint. I want to prove it to you," Perth chided.

"I believe you, damn, I just want you to fuck me," Saint said quietly as the waitress came back, handing over their two glasses and a bottle of wine.

"What can I get you two?"

"A mushroom and broccoli Alfredo for me and a shrimp salad for him," Perth said, handing over the menus. "Dressing on the side."

"I'll do that for him" the waitress said with a smirk, turning back around and leaving again.

"Remind me to report her," Perth said, watching the girl's retreated figure.

"It's really okay. People aren't used to guys wearing girl clothes," Saint said quietly, giving Perth a shy smile. "It's not supposed to be that way."

"I don't like how people judge you. You're so beautiful," Perth said distractedly, placing his hand over Saint's as the waitress came to pour their wine.