Chapter 2

Loki POV-

I landed on the ground when we reappear. "Did you have to drop me so carelessly?" I muttered. I was in disbelief of who this woman said she was.The savior just simply does not exist. A simple fairy tail to help children sleep at night. To ward off the Frost Giants.....Well me. I stand up as I glance around the unknown area, the smell of nature overwhelming my senses. Where did this insufferable quim bring me?!

We were in the woods, but it wasn't just woods. It had a mystical lure to it. The trees were all different shades of greens and reds and purples. A small creek was next to me sparkling with colors from around it. The sun adding an enchanting appeal to everything it touched. Flowers were blooming everywhere around the trees and water. A cobblestone bridge led of the creek to a small cottage like home. Birds chirped around us in harmony. Where are we?

"Welcome to my home, Loki of Asgard. Welcome to Valhalla." She spoke with such confidence, it attracted me to her. Wait, did she say Valhalla?

"That's not possible. Valhalla is where you go if you die. I am not dead. So where are we really?" I knew I would catch her in her lies, but the weird thing is, I didn't sense a lie from her sentence.

"I do not lie. This is Valhalla. When you pray to Valhalla, you pray to me. I hear it all." She glanced at me, "I'm sorry if this is a disappointment to you. I must admit, most don't expect this. But by definition, Valhalla is the home of the healing. It's to open your eyes to the good around you. That is why I brought you here." She explained. I was fighting back a laugh. Was this woman serious? I am a God. A God of lies and mischief. This little game she is playing will not work on me.

"Well thats nice, but I'm not staying." With that I teleported. It did work. But not how it was supposed to. Now I stood on the bridge, she was standing next to me. "What witchcraft is this?!" I hiss.

"It is not witchcraft, Loki. I've told you. How can I prove it to you?" She gave me a gentle smile, "Would you like me to tell you of the moments I saved those in your life? Your father? Your mother? Or even your brother, Thor? He wasn't always going to be an Avenger you see. He was made to be a spoiled prince. But I adjusted him to the better part of the world."

"So what, are you telling me you created the Avengers? Earth's mightiest Hero's?" I scoffed.

"I'm not saying I created them, more so pushed them on the right path. Just as I plan to do with you." She started to walk, I had no choice but to follow her towards the cottage.

"Well, good luck with that. I'm not able to be saved. I'm a monster. A Frost Giant." I muttered, I knew who I was, the scary stories they told children to keep them out of trouble, make them go to bed at decent hours. I was the main character of those story's.

"I know what you are, Loki. But you are not a monster." She opened the door to the cottage, allowing me to enter first. I looked around as I walk in. A fireplace is lit in the corner, heating the home to a comfortable temperature, even for me. It had to be magic. A small table and stools were sat near the entrance near what looked to be a kitchen. Tea was set out, like it was waiting for us. A small sofa was set with two arm chairs next to it, books were strewn all over the place. Books I didn't even recognize. Amynta sat at the table, pouring two cups of tea, the smell of honey waffling over to my nose. "You are just misunderstood." She finished her thought.

"Misunderstood? I was taken from my home for political purposes and treated like a shadow next to anyone." I sneered, sitting down carefully, watching as she took a sip from the tea, making sure it was safe. I lifted my cup and smelled it. Flowers and honey was all I could detect, no poison.

"See? Misunderstood. And I believe your mother never treated you as such. Didn't she teach you her magic?" Her pale blue eyes were searching my soul it seemed, it was almost unsettling, but at the same time comforting.

"My mother is the only good thing in my life. But she doesn't stop Odin from everything." I was calming down a great deal as I sipped the tea. It was delicious.

"But who can truly stop Odin from everything? Even I had trouble with that." She let out a small laugh, it was like music. Is she a fairy? They had musical laughs. I still don't believe she is who she says she is. It isn't possible. The Savior just couldn't exist. "Would you quit questioning my existence already. Clearly I am who I say I am. With how many times you've prayed to me, I would think you'd be the easiest to convince. Although, Thor was too easy. Once I showed him this place, he listened to whatever I said. He was only here a few days." Hearing my brother was here, angered me slightly. He was in her home, having tea. Did she say a few days?

"A few days? How was he here a few days? I never saw him leave Midgard until he went home."

"Time freezes while here. The only time that will pass while you are gone, is the time it took to flash us here. So maybe a minute or two." She explained. It just made me more confused though.

"If time freezes here, then forgive me, but what is your age?" I didn't want to insult the woman, but if she lived here, how old could she be? With the myth of her existence going back thousands of years, how long was she around before we heard of her?

"I am well in the age of not counting any longer. Older than existence itself." My eyes widen. She stood up as she had finished her tea. "I will be off walking the forest, if you wish to join me, you may. Otherwise, make yourself at home. You will be here for a bit of time."

I watched as she grabbed a basket from the table by the door and left. What did she mean, I would be here for a bit of time? She couldn't do that, could she? Was she really who she said she was?

Was she....The Savior?