Chapter 6

A/n: HAPPY LOKI WEDNESDAY!!! Who saw Loki??? 👀 anyway! Enjoy a few chapters today for sure!! Not back to back but definitely more than usual!

Loki's POV-

Why did I act that way? I don't trust her, clearly. I don't know her and this could still be all a trick. But...I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I gave her my hand. What is with the color mist outside? Does it serve a purpose?

I walked over to the bookcase, scanning them. This cannot be all of her collection. There were only books on her legend. Nothing that held the truth or anything other than that. Where does she keep it? Her room. That's the only place I could think would hold her actual collection of books. But How could I get there in there to look? Surely it wouldn't be easy just to ask about it. No, that wouldn't work, it they are in her room, she keeps them there on purpose.

I let out a sigh as I reach for a new leather book to take to my room. I had chosen to read about my biologic home. Surely its similar to how Asgard talks of her right? I walked up the stairs looking for the green door, which wasn't hard since there was only three doors. Mine, the green one, then next to that was a deep red door and then a white door. I wonder if hers is the red one. Is red her favorite color? Or does it go deeper than that? Green is the color of my magic, so it was easy to adapt that as my favorite color. But her magic isn't red is it? Her eyes are so pale of a blue, I can only assume her magic is more of a blue-white color. Wait. Why do I care?

I scoffed at her door and went into my own room. My room was very plain, only holding the necessary bed, dresser and nightstand with a lamp. I walked over to the bed, turning the lamp on and letting my magic replace my clothes with simple black pair of sweatpants and a deep green t-shirt. Sitting down and getting comfy on the bed, I'm surprised by how comfy it was, like clouds. It looked so basic, I thought it would be more lumpy or like Midguards beds.

I fixed the pillows and leaned up against the headboard in a comfy spot, opening the book and skimming it.I was shocked. They definitely did not see her the way Asgard had painted her out. She was deemed evil where I was born, in Jotunheim. They had called her Kali. Which if I could remember correctly is a Hindu Goddess Destruction. The name literally means black one. But I don't see anything dark about her, she is very light, even in her words and mind. I wasn't able to read her mind, but trying to look into it was very colorful.

The Jotun had been created by another being, Aashita. It's also a hindu name, which means creator. Was he the one who made me? Amynta had said I was created by another, was he her enemy? I was starting to not know what to believe anymore. Asagard had painted her in such a bright light, making her out to be the one who saves us all. But Jotunheim had made her out to be the one who destroys the world. Like a black hole thats just going to pull everyone in.

I didn't know what to believe anymore. She didn't seem to be like how Jotunheim had painted her. She seemed to only want the good in people. She had said I was created in neutral grounds. What did that mean? Was I made by mistake? Is that why Laufey did not want me? Is that why I was such a small Frost Giant? I'm defective?

I noticed my breath was becoming visible and I glanced down to see I was blue. I was letting the stress of who I really was get to me.

There was a knock on my door. I tried to put my Asgard form back into place, but it did not work.

"Loki? May I come in?" She asked through the door.

"No. I'm sleeping." I didn't want her to see me like this. Why did I care so much how she saw me? I didn't want to see the fear in her eyes.

I heard her sigh on the other side. "Loki, I know you are not well, please allow me to come in." I stayed silent for a minute, "I have brought more tea?" She questioned. She sounded unsure it would work. But that tea was delicious. I sighed and got up, opening the door for her. She looked at me from her spot, taking in a breath. It didn't seem like out of fear though.

Tilting her head to the side, she examined my features, her eyes gazing over the lines on my skin. She looked at every detail it seemed. Her eyes were curious. Not an ounce of fear was in them.

I jerked back a little when I saw her step closer, her hand extended. If she touched me, she would be hurt. I hurt people. That's what I do.

"Trust me....please.."She whispered, taking a step closer to me. I stayed where I was. Could I trust her? I think so. But reading that book, made me question everything. But there is only one way to see if I can trust her. I jumped slightly when he hand touched my cheek, feeling her fingers stroke my harsh skin. I kept my piercing red eyes on her pale blue ones as they seemed to glow slightly. Her hand was warm, gentle and soft. I involuntarily leaned into her touch, it was so welcoming. My eyes closed as I relaxed slightly. "You are Beautiful." She whispered, making my eyes snap open to her voice. Did she just call my monster form Beautiful?

"I am far from that, Lady Amynta." I spoke to her in my regal tone. Showing politeness towards her. She tilted her head slightly to the other side, her eyes were drifting some. Where was her gaze going? Why was I leaning into her more? What is happening? My eyes closed slowly in the moment as I lean down to her height, which wasn't too much smaller than me. I could feel the warmth of her breath fanning my lips. It was so alluring. Pulling me in, teasing me into submission. I wanted to feel her lips. What was happening to me? Why did I want to connect our lips so badly? Did I trust her really? Could I trust her? I don't think I should.

Then she was gone. She had jerked back faster than I could process, like she had been burned. I snapped my eyes open to barely catch the slight hurt in her eyes. Had I hurt her? I didn't mean to, did I ? Her hand was glowing slightly as she looked at it in shock. She didn't think she would get hurt?

"I'm sorry." I muttered once I had found my voice. I couldn't get her lips out of my mind. It was intoxicating just thinking how close they had once been to my own.

"No." She whispered, her tone being covered in a mask of calm. "You shouldn't trust me so easily. It's only right." She had her eyebrows furrowed for a second. "I should let you sleep. I'm sorry I had disturbed you." She said, her tone straight now. Why was acting so odd? Did I do something? Was I not what she wanted? My head was hurting slightly, trying to figure her out. How was she getting to me so easily? "Goodnight, Loki." She whispered, looking into my eyes one last time, and then she was gone.

"Goodnight..."I whispered through the door.

What was that?