Chapter 4

Loki's POV

"No?" I repeated, "You didn't create me?" I was confused.

"Correct." She responded, looking at me from her spot.

"But then...Why am I here?" She relaxed her shoulders, tilting her head down to look away from me. My questions were making her uncomfortable. Why? Was she hiding something? No, I didn't sense that. Maybe she just wanted to not mention this for a bit?

"You are an exception to the rules." She said after taking a breath. She was trying to find a way to word her sentence, thats why she was uncomfortable. "You were created on neutral grounds." She tried to explain. But it just confused me more. Neutral ground? So...that means..

"So I am a Monster then. I was created for destruction of your world." I bit the inside of my lip, I was right all along. I don't belong here, I really was the monster everyone thought I was, that I thought I was. I flinched as she lifted my chin to make my eyes meet hers.

"You. Are. Not. A. Monster." She stated clearly. No lies were detected. "Don't let someone decide what or who you are. You have the power to change what you were made for." She released my chin and picked the knife back up, cutting the produce up. I got up, deciding to step out for a minute to calm down, her voice stopped me at the door though, "Besides." She looked up at me, "If you were going to hurt me, you would have done it already." She smiled at me. I walked out at that.

What did she mean by that? I could hurt her? Is that what she meant by being created on neutral ground? I could hurt her or her enemies? This is just too confusing.

I looked around, I was walking to the forest, following the creek from her house. I can't get over how beautiful this world was. To think she created it. But then again, she created most worlds and things. I still can't believe that. Do I believe she is who she says she is? Is she the Savior? Or is she tricking me? I've been lied to my whole life, she could very well be doing the same thing. How do I know that she isn't? How could I have let my guard down? I need to get out of here-

I froze. Staring in awe in front of me. This is beautiful. I had somehow ended up on a beach. The sky held all the planets and colors of the realms. The purples and blues mixing with the pinks and yellows. Stars scattered all over like paint splatter. The ocean was so blue..I had never seen a view so magical before.

Somehow I found myself sat on the sandy ground, my knees to my chest as I just stared at the scenery. I didn't feel alone when I sat here. You could see the entrances to the different realms in the sky.The sun was setting. That just made it that much more beautiful. I wonder how many times she sits out here and just stares. She probably sees more than I do. They say the creator can see as far as the universe lets her. Did she see me, when she sat out here? Or did she see Asgard at all? What does she do here on her own?

"I see you found my little oasis." I heard behind me. I jerked my head up to see Amynta behind me, looking at the sky. "Do you see over there, where the yellow meets the purple to a peak?" I looked back at the sky to see what she meant. The yellow went thin against the purple. "That's Asgard." My eyes widen. I couldn't pull my eyes away. I knew Asgard was beautiful before, but from this view, it was majestic. Almost like it didn't exist. Like it was just a tall tale. I let a small smile fall along my mouth, watching Asgard twinkle in existence. The place I had called home for so long.

"So how does this work? Being the Savior? Must be a nice title." I spoke quietly, not wanting to disturb the magic. She let out a small sigh and sat next me, bringing her legs to the side of her.

"A title doesn't make somebody, surely you know that. But it's lonely. No one remembers meeting me. I get to see and watch these beings grow and die, watch what they make of life. And I'm here, admiring from a far. Not able to leave an actual fingerprint on anyone's life." She spoke with such sadness, it made me regret any pity on my own life. This woman could never live a normal life. "Alas, I do get to form these beings, or try to. It doesn't always go as planned."

"What do you mean?" She glanced at me slightly with a smile.

"I influenced Odin to adopt you...But he took it the wrong way." I stared at her shocked, slightly hurt. "He was meant to treat you as his own. But he had to go and take it to politics. I don't know why beings are so into politics." She sighed again. "Although, you are about politics as well, aren't you?"

"Well, yeah, I mean." I sigh slightly, "There is really no way around it on our worlds. I just wanted to be seen as Thor's equal. But, that can never be, can it?" I felt her hand touch my hand slightly.

"You will get there. I promise." She whispered, a smile on her face, her eyes seemed slightly brighter.

I scoffed, "What, can you see the future or something?" I watched a bit of mischief flash in her eyes as she just smiles and looks away back tot he sky. Can she really see the future?