Chapter 18

Pushing the sinking, stabbing feeling away, I followed Thor with Loki by my side. I could feel his stare on me without even looking. He knew something was up. I could feel the itch in my mind of him trying to figure it out. I shook my head without looking at him. I didn't need to concern him yet. It could be nothing. It most definitely wasn't nothing, but it still could be.

"Why did you bring them here?" Tony snapped. He really didn't want to believe me. I was going to have to speed up this process. I didn't have the time nor energy to try and fight for my existence to be plausible to him.

"Tony, you need to just relax. She's proven herself to a few of us, why can't you just accept it?" Steve was trying to reason with him, he sent me a glance of apology for his teammate.

"They need a place to stay for the night, Man of Iron." Thor announced with a grin, apparently not picking up on the distress of the situation. Tony scoffed and glared at me and Loki.

"Yeah, like thats going to happen." I sighed. My eyes burning bright as I stepped towards him.

"I am very sorry it had to come to this Tony, But I haven't all day." I spoke. Surprisingly Thor had grabbed Tony when he tried to back up, he fought to get free as I stepped towards him and placed my index on his temple. I watched as his memories ran in front of his eyes. I nodded to Thor who released Tony. Stepping back to give him space, I waited for him to say something.

"That was just so rude, Chuck." He said with a playful smirk. I rolled my eyes at the name. He thought it was funny that I was just Chuck in one of the worlds.Which I suppose it was. Loki stepped up and grabbed my hand, making me smile at him. "Okay, I can have you both stay in the Tower. No funny business though!" He said waving his finger at Loki mostly. That made Thor belt out a laugh.

"You should be honored to have such happenings in the Tower, Man of Iron!" He said as he pats Tony's back, a bit aggressively. Tony grimaced and stepped away from Thor with some weird hand movements that looked like a joking way of Kung fu.

"Everything is fixed, right? We don't need to worry about some last minute mishap Fromm Reindeer Games?" Tony asked, he had asked me this question. He didn't trust Loki, which no one could blame him. I nodded.

"His army can't come with the scepter and Tesseract being used to open a portal. Also the Shield agents are back and not under his control anymore." I reassured.

"Awesome! Welcome to the good guys! I haven't made the pamphlets yet, so you'll have to just pretend I gave you one to welcome you." Tony joked. Bruce stepped over to us, glancing at me subtly. I hadn't needed to prove to him anything yet, he doesn't even know me yet.

"We should be landing soon." He stepped towards me and held out his hand, "Bruce Banner, but I'm sure you know that. Is it true you are our God that is written in the Bible's?" He seemed intrigued.

"Yes, in a way. I am the inspiration for those books. A lot of it really is science though." I winked at him which made him laugh.

"Really? Mind if I pick your brain about it?" Loki held my hand still, keeping me from going with Bruce.

"Um, maybe tomorrow? I really need rest. I don't have as much energy as I usually do back at home." I explained. The bad feeling was very much present. And I knew my skin was slightly paler than it usually was. It was a bit soon for me to be feeling this weak already though. Something really was happening. But what? Why was there a dull pain in my chest?

"Are you okay, my Queen?" Loki asked, leaning his head by my ear as to not alert the others. I smiled and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Just some heartburn, I think some rest with suffice." He knew I lied. I knew he knew. He's the God of Lies and Mischief. I'd be stupid to not know he knew a lie. But he nodded for now. He knew if it was bad I would tell him. Or at least he hoped. He's supposed to save me. But I can't fight the feeling of needing to save him.