Chapter 3

The movie has now finished my mom, Dylan, Cole, and James are all back from the mall. My mom got me my new socks and a few pairs of shorts that she asked me to try on in my room then come down stairs and show her so she can see if they fit and if she needs to take them back.

I try on the first pair of shorts and they fit perfectly but are a bit short which I know my brothers and my dad will have something to say about but I'm just gonna hope that they aren't in the kitchen when I get downstairs.

I start walking down the stairs heading to the dining room where my mom is sat on the computer doing "work stuff" I don't really know what my parents do for work every time I ask they shut me down straight away. All I know is that it involves them wearing fancy suits and them going to some stupid meetings. Yeah that's all they told me.

I walk into the dining room and see my dad, my oldest brother and James all sat round the table on computers next to where my moms sat. None of them notice me as I walk in so I decide to speak up.

"Mom what do you think of these?" I question gaining everyone's attention. Great.

"There nice honey turn around let me see the back" she says looking over at me.

I turn around a give her a little spin when dad interjects.

"There short she's not wearing them you actually bought her those" dad questions looks angry but I can't tell if he's mad at me or my mom. Probably both.

"Yes I did and think they look nice and I don't think there to short she won't get dress coded at school for them so I don't see a problem" my mom states confidently causing my dad to look back at me then her.

" I don't want her leaving the house in them" dad says not looking as confident because he knows he's not going to win. My mom rarely argues with my dad she normally stays quiet but when she argues she wins against anyone. Hm maybe she's a lawyer?

"I don't like the ether I think there to short" Joseph tries to argue but doesn't do very well after my mom completely ignores him.

"I think I might wear them to school tomorrow with this top I have on but in red?" I question knowing my dads not gonna like that.

"No way!" James states before my dad or my mom even get a chance to reply.

"Not gonna happen" my dad laughs

"Yes I think that will be a very nice outfit sweetie who knows maybe you will get a boyfriend" my mom says with a smile on her face completely ignoring my brother and my dads previous statements.

That smile on my moms face is quickly gone my my dad speaking up angrily.

"Not gonna happen NO boyfriend NO to wearing that outfit goodnight Olivia" dad says waving me off to bed but I don't move I just speak directly to my mom ignoring him.

"I think I might wear this outfit tomorrow mom I really like it and who knows I might get a boyfriend".

"No way in hell are you ever getting a boyfriend Cole and Dylan are just gonna have to keep a very VERY close eye on you" Joseph says looking pissed.

"What is going on with your behaviour today young lady first you wear revealing clothes, then you disrespect and argue with us, then you ignore us I don't know where this attitude has come from but your gonna stop it do I make myself clear" my dad says looking very angry.