Chapter 12

After I left Joseph's office earlier today I decided to just head back up to my room and take a shower until I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey are you okay?" Lia says walking into my room.

"I didn't say come in" I speak coldly.

"I thought you could use some company" she speaks.

"I couldn't" I say

"Hey don't be like that, I don't want you to go to boarding school so please don't speak to me like that" she says looking kinda upset now.

For fuck sake why do I always upset everyone.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you" I say looking up at her.

"It's okay I didn't mean to intrude" she says about to walk back out the door.

" no wait" I say shuffling up on my bed for her to sit next to me.

She walks back into my room and lays down in my bed.

"You can't hide in your room forever it won't make them go away" she says looking into my eyes.

" could you speak to Joseph for me, he will listen to you, I'm pretty sure he likes you more than me " I say.

"Don't be stupid Olivia, Joseph loves us all the same, but if it means that much to you I'll try and talk some sense into him". She says smiling at me.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" I say.

"Don't worry about it, and that reminds I got you something for your birthday" she says standing up and walking out of my room.

"Where are you going?!" I shout standing up and following her out my room.

I follow her down the hallway to her room on the other side of house the when she finally comes to a stop outside her bedroom door.

"Okay you wait out here, I'm not letting you see where I hide my shit because that's a secret for only me" she says. Ha I know where she hides everything anyways.

She keeps all her stuff in a hole in her desk which has like a secret compartment in it I found it when I dropped my earring down there a few months ago.

She doesn't know I know though, plus it's pretty smart as well.

She comes back out a few minuets later with a little blue box with a little white ribbon tied around the top of the box.

I take the box out of her hands as she hands it to me and open it up to see a little silver necklace with a small diamond jewel at the end.

"Wow it's beautiful Lia thank you so much" I say staring at the necklace.

"Your welcome it's the least I could do for forgetting your birthday, I am really sorry about that by the way" she apologises.

"It's okay I forgive you, your the only one who has gotten me something and I really appreciate it" she nods in understanding before giving me a hug.

"I will go talk to Joseph now, I love you liv." She says

"I love you to Lia" I say as she walks away

Lias POV

I really don't want liv to go to boarding school. It's totally not fair and Joseph shouldn't be the one to decide livs future. That's up to her.

I walk down the stairs towards Joseph's office when James walks right out.

"Hey Lia can I talk to you" he asks.

"Sure what's up" I say confused. James looks at me for a moment before continuing.

"I'm really worried about liv, have you talked to her since last night?" He asks, looking worried.

"I'm worried about her to, we spoke earlier she's doing okay she was quite upset though." I say honestly.

"There's no way she's going to boarding school, I just went and spoke to Joseph he said it was just an empty threat" James says.

"He shouldn't be threatening her like that though, that's not going to make her behave that's just going to make her feel like she can't trust us" I explain.

"Exactly, Joseph knows that as well he just doesn't want her to grow up" James explains.

"None of us want her to grow up but she has is and instead of making it harder for her we have to accept that" I explain" I'm going to go and speak with Joseph try and talk some sense into him". I say walking past James and into Joseph's office without even knocking.

When I walk in I see Joseph sat there with his laptop in front of him while he works on whatever the hell he does. Honestly I don't even know what he does. And I take a seat in front of him on one of the big leather chairs that sit in front of his desk.

"Amelia do you not know how to knock" Joseph says looking up from his laptop a bit annoying.

"No I don't" I say crossing my legs.

"We'll then maybe you should go back to school to figure it out" he states.

"Oh piss off you don't know what's best for everyone" I say. Angry.

"Yes I do" he says.

"No you don't" I say.

"Yes I do"

"No you don't"

He shuts his laptop and gives me his full attention.

"What's wrong lia" he asks with absolutely no emotion whatsoever.

"Why are you threatening to send her to boarding school, you know that's only going to ruin your relationship with her more don't you?" I question.

Joseph sighs"I know Lia I'm just worried about her, and when she came home drunk I was so fucking angry"

"I know joe so was I, but we were no good ether forgetting her birthday" I state.

"I know I just felt like it was my fault" he says actually showing emotion and looking quite sad.

"It was not your fault, I think this family needs to reconnect" I say.

"I agree , maybe we could go to that Italian place where we always used to go when we were younger when mum and dad would go away". He suggests.

"Yes definitely, everyone loves it there" I say. Smiling.

"Okay, you inform the others and I'll book the reservation"

"Yes sir" I chuckle.

Olivias POV

When Lia came back up to my room to tell me we're going for a dinner tonight at Venezuela's the Italian across town I had very mixed feelings.

For one, I'm really excited about spending time with my family and having a laugh but also I really don't want them talking about boarding school or how mom and dad come home soon.

But I guess we'll see lia said Joseph feels bad about the other night so I'm hoping he actually apologises and we can move on and have a good night.

Also I'm really looking forward to the ice cream it is definitely the best in town and my all time favourite ice cream ever!

_______________________________
(A/n)

Hi everyone I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm going to be writing more since I just broke up from school and I have a lot of free time to write.

This chapter was longer then the last few and I'm going to be trying to make the chapters a bit longer.

Don't forget to vote and share this story with your friends.

Love you all!