32. Just An FYI

ACT TWO, CHAPTER THIRTY-TWOJust An FYI

Just An FYI

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     AS ALLISON WAS DRIVING TO LOCATION WHERE MR. WESTOVER'S SHOULD BE SACRIFICED, Andi sat in the backseat and got a call from Scott. She put her phone on speaker when she answered and told Scott to start talking.

     "Did Stiles tell you what Ethan told us?" he asked.

     "No. We were kind of busy talking about the next group of people to be ritually sacrificed," Andi replied as Allison kept driving.

     "Well, it turns out that Ethan did have information on the deal Kendall made with Deucalion. She and her family were being targeted by witch hunters and she asked Deucalion for protection. He told her that he would drive the hunters out of town if she put the protection spell on them so their thoughts couldn't be heard by any other witches. He knew there was another witch in Beacon Hills," Scott said and Andi sighed.

     "Grams," she said. "She's not a telepathic witch like me but if she wanted to get in someone's head, there are spells she could use."

     "It wasn't your grandmother he wanted the spell for, it was so their thoughts would be protected from you. He noticed a rise in magical activities around the time he heard that there was another alpha in Beacon Hills, which would be around the time Jackson was the kanima. And the only family of witches here are the Reids and the Nicks. There usually aren't more than two groups here in Beacon Hills so he knew it had to be another Nicks witch," Scott explained.

     "And even though he drove those hunters out of town, he still needed Kendall to protect their thoughts from Andi," Isaac said.

     "And she can't back out. If she does, Deucalion will either hand her and her family right over to those hunters or he'll kill them himself," Scott said and Andi sighed.

     "Would that explain why Kendall always seemed to hate Andi ever since she got here? Maybe she blamed her for the situation she was in because if Andi never came to town, there wouldn't have been a rise in magic for Deucalion to notice or feel threatened by to the point where he had to manipulate a teenage girl into a deal she can't back out of," Allison said.

     "The reason she went to him in the first place was because she needed protection from witch hunters. Andi had nothing to do with that. If she wasn't being hunted, she wouldn't have had to go to Deucalion of all people for help and he wouldn't have any leverage to manipulate her into protecting him and the other alphas," Isaac pointed out.

     "Those witch hunters are gone so now the only thing standing between her and her safety is me. If Deucalion didn't see me as a threat, he wouldn't have to get Kendall to protect their thoughts from me and she would be safe and done with their deal a long time ago," Andi said as she bit the inside of her cheek. "I'm the reason she's still stuck in this deal and can't get out."