49. Wicked Witch

ACT THREE, CHAPTER FORTY-NINEWicked Witch

Wicked Witch

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     SHE QUICKLY SAT UP AND SIGHED WITH RELIEF WHEN SHE LOOKED AROUND AND REALIZED WHERE SHE WAS. She rubbed her eyes and relaxed when she saw Isaac sitting at the end of her bed with his back facing her. She was worried that she would wake up and he would be gone, that it was all a dream and he was still injured and at the hospital.

     "You're still here," she said out loud without thinking but Isaac didn't react. "Isaac?"

     "How long do you think you can keep fooling yourself?" he questioned monotonously and Andi looked at him confused.

     "What are you talking about?" she asked as she stood up.

     When he didn't say anything, she got a sinking feeling in her stomach as she raised her hand towards his shoulder and he grabbed her wrist and glared at her. She inhaled steadily as she focussed but he just smirked at her as he shook his head.

     "My thoughts aren't available to you, Amanda. How long do you think you can keep fooling yourself?" he asked as he stood up while his hand tightened around her wrist.

     "Isaac, let go," she said as felt dread looking into his eyes.

     "No matter what you do, there will always be a darkness just waiting to come out and we've all seen it. On the bus," Isaac said and Andi shook her head.

     "You know that was an accident," she replied as she felt the tips of his claws against her skin, not too far from the scars Scott left on her arm to break her out of her spell when they were on the bus.

     "Was it really? Or did you actually want to hurt her? And what about the night Boyd died? When you actually did almost kill her on purpose?" Isaac asked. Andi swallowed the lump in her throat as she tried to pull her arm away but his claws just dug deeper until the skin broke. "She may have forgiven you and became your friend but do you think she forgot? Do you think any of us forgot what you're capable of?"

     "Why are you saying all this?" Andi asked as it took everything to keep herself from crying in front of him like this.

     "Because you are wicked. We've all seen it. You're not a good person and things would be so much better if you left and never came back," he sneered.

     "You said you didn't think so and that you were happy you met me. You said you loved me," Andi said quietly as Isaac stared right into her eyes.

     "I lied," he replied before letting go of her wrist and leaving her room.

     Andi stood there silently as the tears finally fell and the fresh wounds on her wrist bled. Her worst fear really did come true. The one person who mattered to her most thought she was a monster. The one person whose opinions mattered to her more than anybody else's thought she was wicked. Isaac truly did wake up one day and realized that he wanted nothing to do with her. Everything she hoped that wouldn't happen had happened.