16. Missing in Action

ACT TWO, CHAPTER SIXTEENMissing in Action

Missing in Action

─── ・ 。゚☆: *. ☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE SPRING, it was nice to have an entire summer break with no surprises. Unfortunately, it wasn't completely uneventful. Isaac, Erica and Boyd were pronounced missing after disappearing for a while and nobody knew where they were or if they were okay. Andi flipped through the pages of the Grimoire, hoping to find something she could use to help Derek find them. With her grandmother's magic fading away, it was basically up to her to find something to help Scott, Derek and his pack. And because of that, Scott asked her to look through the Grimoire to find any spells to help find the three missing betas.

     After flipping through so many pages, Andi did manage to find a locator spell but she would need a map and their blood for the spell to even work. Luckily she had a map but unluckily, she didn't have any blood that belonged to Isaac, Erica or Boyd. She wanted to rip out the page and tear it to pieces out of frustration but she knew she couldn't do that. Instead, she was just going to have to let Scott and Derek know that she wasn't going to be able to find the betas. She picked up her phone and dialed Scott's number and waited for him to answer her call.

     "Andi did you find anything?" Scott asked as soon as he picked up the phone.

     "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I found a locator spell. The bad news is that I need blood from Isaac, Boyd or Erica for the spell to work," Andi explained and she heard Scott sigh through the phone. "So, unless you, Derek, Deaton or anyone just so happens to have their blood lying around, I won't be able to find them."

     "Well, thanks for trying," Scott said.

     "Just tell Derek I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help," Andi said as her head hung low while she couldn't help but feel disappointed in herself.

     "It's okay, Andi. You did everything you could," Scott said. "I gotta go but I'll keep you updated."

     Andi sighed as she ended the call and rubbed her tired eyes from the lack of sleep. She never felt more useless than she did in that very moment. She was supposed to be a powerful witch, probably more powerful than she should have been for her age according to her grandmother, yet she wasn't able to use a locator spell to find three beta werewolves because she didn't have the one thing she needed. Her grandmother knocked on the open door and Andi sighed as she lifted her head.

     "Are you okay?" her grandmother asked and Andi scoffed.

     "Not even close. Scott and Derek were counting on me to help them find the others and I can't because I don't have their blood," she ranted while her grandmother sat down on the bed beside her.