23. Mind Games

ACT TWO, CHAPTER TWENTY-THREEMind Games

Mind Games

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     "AT THIS POINT, I SHOULD BOOK A FLIGHT BACK TO ATLANTA AND PRETEND ALL OF THIS NEVER HAPPENED," Andi said as she leaned against her locker and Isaac chuckled lightly.

     "If you go back to Atlanta, who's gonna save our asses?" he asked and Andi rolled her eyes but she couldn't help but smile.

     "Maybe that witch who keeps fighting me can take over when I'm gone. They seem pretty powerful," she suggested and laughed when Isaac groaned.

     "No! If you leave and that witch takes your place, I might end up killing them," he said as he slammed his locker shut and Andi smacked his arm with the back of her hand.

     "God, damn it, Isaac! I will jump off a cliff before I let you have murder on your hands," she said and the both of them laughed as if they were regular teenagers and not a werewolf and a witch with a pack of alphas occupying two thirds of their attention.

     Isaac leaned down a little bit to speak quietly into Andi's ear so nobody else could hear them. "Speaking of murder, it wasn't Boyd or Cora who killed that boy at the pool that night," he said.

     "Then, who was it?" Andi asked.

     "We don't know yet. Stiles said there were two other bodies with the exact same injuries, including that girl, Heather and there was another one this morning," Isaac said and Andi sighed heavily.

     "What were their injuries?" she asked.

     "Ligature marks on the neck, the back of their heads bashed in, throats slashed open. All three of them," Isaac said.

     "Strangulation, blunt force trauma and throat cutting. We're talking about a threefold death here. It's rooted in Irish folklore and is thought to have been a form of prehistoric human sacrifices by modern researchers and people committed these human sacrifices so they could appease gods, spirits or even dead ancestors," Andi said as they walked to class.

     "You sound like Stiles," Isaac laughed.

     "I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that. But does Stiles have an idea of who could be committing these human sacrifices?" Andi asked.

     "Not a clue. We're just touching the tip of the iceberg here," Isaac replied. "Also, you were right about the twins."