Chapter 22: New years

"Will you get up!" Rose yelled at Lily, They were getting ready to go to her (Rose's) house for new years, Melody had already packed her things and was in the common room talking to Albus, James, Scorpius, Michael and Hugo, they were also coming to Rose's house. "ugh, Rose 5 more minutes" Lily groaned "NO, we are on the train in 30 minutes, UP! now" Rose said firmly "wait! 30 minutes! I need to hurry!" Lily yelled, suddenly in a hurry to get out of bed. 

25 minutes later Rose, Lily and Melody were calmly seated in  a compartment on the train when Tori Brooks and Edith Kel walked in, Edith plopped herself down on a seat and in a snobby asked "Sooo, how was your winter ball?" "It got ruined because of you" Rose said her voice flat "what in the world would my best friend do" Tori asked already knowing what Edith did "Obviously you know, now can you get out of our compartment?" Rose asked "nope, not until you tell us what I did" Edith said "GET OUT NOW OR I WILL TELL MCGONAGALL!" Lily screamed, Edith and Tori quickly left the compartment "thanks" Rose whispered to Lily.

4 hours later they arrived at Roses house, Hermione instantly ran to Rose and hugged her, then she hugged Hugo (Rose's brother) the quickly hugging the rest of them. Ron walked to the front door with Harry. Lily instantly shot herself at Harry, then grabbed him into a big hug "Lil's, it's been less than a month since I last saw you" Harry laughed "I know, but I still missed you" Lily replied. 

"Okay! Rose, dad and I have moved 2 mattresses into your room for Lily and Melody, oh and Mel and Michael, your parents are coming tomorrow" Hermione announced. "okay, we will head there right now" Melody said.

The Next Day: "Lily! wake up, It's 11am already" Albus practically yelled "don't you know it's new years tonight?" Lily groaned "you pulled a all-nighter a month ago" Albus said "just one more hour" Lily said "NO, now! Mel's parents are already here, get up of I WILL tell mom" Albus said firmly "fine" Lily said. 

"Lily, Albus, it's time for breakfast" Ginny called from downstairs. Lily and Albus ran down the stairs, Lily still in her PJ's.

Later That Night: "only three hours" Melody said "lets watch TV" Rose told all of the kids "what's TV?" Melody, Michael and Scorpius asked (Lily, Albus, James had already been to Roses house plenty of times) "oh, it's a big box with moving pictures and words" Rose explained as she flicked on the TV. "look! Sing is on" Rose said excitedly "it's her favorite movie" Hugo cut in "okay! lets watch it" Melody said excitedly. 

They watched sing and ate popcorn for 2 hours until Ron and Harry called them outside for fireworks, they would to sparklers on the countdown to new years. "ka-pow!" a big ball of colourful sparks flew into the air, everyone was amazed.

before anyone knew it they were counting down "59" "47 "32" "23" "17" . . . "Grab your sparklers!" Hermione yelled

"10" "9" "8" "7" "6" "5" "4" "3" "2" "1" "Happy New Years!" everyone yelled "and happy 2018!" Melody added

"now to bed, everyone!" Melody's mum said "you have to be back a Hogwarts late tomorrow"  Ginny added.

A/N: thanks for 300+ reads, I'm sorry I have not updated in a LONG time, I had no motivation/ideas, It is a shorter chapter, cuz my friend Padfoot is on vacation and she can only be online for short amounts of time, bye! Ginny_Luna