Chapter 2: Attraction

HELLO! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as you enjoyed the first. Sorry for such a long wait, it wasn't like I was busy doing something else, trust me; I was too focused on this chapter, like ya cant tell by how long it is right. Thank you all for the many reviews and comments as well as the faves! R&R, please and thank you!

Ponyboy crept out of bed, practically dragging himself to the bathroom. Everything felt like it took so much effort, from washing his face and greasing his hair to getting dressed.

"Ponyboy?" Soda groaned, rubbing the sleep from his eyes "Why ya up so early?" he asked groggily as he sat up, the blanket dripping off his bare chest and lay a pool around his waist.

"It's 9:24 Soda, its not that early." Pony explained as he pulled on a pair of socks.

"9:24? What's today?" Soda asked, nearly laughing as he watched his baby brother bounce around on one foot as he tried to put on a sock.

"It's Saturday, why?" Ponyboy asked as he wobbled around before falling on his butt with an "Ooof".

"Good I can sleep in then, don't have work 'til 11:00." Soda said before collapsing back down onto the bed. "Wake me up when Steve's here." Steve. Ponyboy tried to push the thoughts of the incident between the both of them out, but they just kept flooding back. Drunk or not, he still did it.

"Kay." Ponyboy managed to say before he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him, then making his way downstairs. Pony couldn't help the smile that formed on his lips as he drank in the sight of the shifty eyed , ruthless, uncaring, conniving, sly, devious, and rough necked sleeping Dallas Winston. Though he may be all those things, he could still smile and laugh without it benefiting from others' pain and misfortune, on occasions. Ponyboy was completely powerless against himself as he leant over the arm of the couch, 'Stop! What are you doing?!' Ponyboy screamed at himself, his face hovering just inches above Dally's. He caved, pressing his lips against Dally's in a chaste kiss, and then quickly pulling away, a familiar blush forming on his cheeks. He made his way to the kitchen hurriedly, not believing what he had just done. He scuttled around the kitchen, collecting the materials that he would need to fix himself something to eat, trying to get his mind off it. Glancing over to the kitchen table he spotted a small piece of paper next to a ten dollar bill, as he picked up the paper he read,

Soda, or, Pony,

Pick up milk, bread, sugar, flour, and chocolate milk from store.

I won't be home until late tonight, heat up the leftovers in the fridge when

you get hungry.

Thanks, Darry.

Ponyboy stuffed the note and money in his pocket before continuing on with what he was doing.

Icy blue eyes creaked open, only to be singed by the sun's rays as they streamed in through the window.

"Gaaah!" Dallas groaned in pain, quickly throwing an arm over his face, in an attempt to shield his eyes from the blazing and blinding sunlight. Hearing a giggle coming from the kitchen, he quickly snapped his head in the direction he heard it from; catching a glimpse of auburn hair before it disappeared back behind the wall. A smirk rolling across his lips as he clambered his way off the couch. His long strides across the living room soon brought him to his prize - which happened to be in the process of cooking. His long arms wrapping around the boy's waist, pulling him hard against himself, making the smaller teen gasp. "Ya laughin' at me?" the hood growled out playfully, pressing his lips close to the boy's ear.

"No." Ponyboy replied, trying to hide his blush as he continued to cook as the blond ran his lips over his neck, shuddering in response.

"'Cause I don't take too kindly ta people that laugh at me." he snarled false threateningly into Pony's ear, his hands gripping the boy's upper arms in a firm grip; pulling him even harder against him, his hot breath fanning over Pony's neck as he lightly pressed his lower half against Ponyboy's rear. "'Cause I don't see anyone else, so it must'a been you." he said, turning the stove off, turning the boy around. "So are ya lyin' ta me? Is that it, huh? 'Cause I got ways of makin' ya talk."