Chapter 29: Out In The Door pt2

Continues from last chapter. Last sentence of last chapter: "Oh! You're so rough!" Dally cooed, giggling like a little girl, a real chuckle seeping out upon hearing Soda grumbling incoherent curses as he stormed away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You had to go there, didn't you?" Ponyboy smirked, biting into his toast.

"Did he have to get his keys this morning?" Dallas asked, dipping his toast into the yolk, taking a satisfying bite with a smirk and a tilted brow.

"He has work." Pony laughed.

"So?" Dally asked, one cheek stuffed with chewed toast. Ponyboy couldn't help the smile that crept across his face. He loved Soda to the ends of the earth, but sometimes it just felt so nice to be around a person who just couldn't give a fuck about other's except for you, which made him love Dally just that little bit more than Soda.

"G'd mornin'." Steve came sauntering into the kitchen, casually taking the jug of orange juice off the table. The two stared at the greaser with distain, Ponyboy shook his head and carried on with his breakfast. "What ya lookin' at?" Steve snipped upon noticing the hood's staring, sucking on his teeth as he eyed the hood back.

Looking the greaser up and down, a twisted snarl of disgust plastered to his face, the hood replied with a scoff, "Pff, not much." Steve's eyes narrowed at the hood's words, having taken great offense, and the bit of laughter from the auburn didn't make him feel any better. Uncertain of what to say back to counter the hood's insult, Steve slammed the jug on the counter, storming out of the room.

"So sensitive." Ponyboy chuckled, loving the small smile that slipped over the blonde's lips. "You finished?" Pony asked as he stood up from the table, offering to take the hood's plate.

"Thanks." Dally said, getting up from the table. "I'm gonna go grab a shirt." the hood said, lacing his fingers in the hair at the back of the boy's head and placing a kiss on his temple, making the boy laugh softly. Ponyboy placed the plates in the sink, collecting the forks from the table and tossing them in the sink, getting a start on the dishes.

"How's it hangin' Pone?" Steve asked from behind the auburn as he gripped at the boy's groin so suddenly.

"Ahh!" Ponyboy gasped in surprise at the older teen's actions. Before Ponyboy could even think of stopping him, Steve pinned the auburn against the counter with his hips like so many times before. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME GODDAMMIT!" Ponyboy screamed, shoving the brunette away from him. He wasn't about to let Steve use him like some cheap whore for his own sick amusement.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" Soda asked rushing through the doorway, both greaser's were silent, their eyes averted to the floor.

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you." Ponyboy gritted lowly, carrying on with his breakfast.

"Pony, what're ya sayin'?" Soda asked in bewilderment. He felt heartbroken that his brother would say such a thing.

"Don't listen to the kid." Steve said as he placed his hand on Soda's shoulder, hoping he could get Soda out of the room before the kid could work up the courage to say anything.

"Wait, I gotta hear this." Soda said as he shrugged Steve's hand off of his shoulder, his eyes set on his timid younger brother. "What happened Pone?" Soda asked as he stepped closer to his brother.

"It's 'probly nothin' Soda, don't worry about it." Steve said as he shoved his hands into his pant pockets. 'The kid better not say anything.' Steve thought as he clenched his jaw in anticipation.