Chapter 7: Launched Emotions pt2

Continues form last chapter, but this is Ponyboy's p.o.v. same story line as the last chapter though just different p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponyboy

The whole gang was in the lot playing football, Two-bit, Steve, Sodapop, and Dallas against Darry, Ponyboy, and Johnny. The score was four to eight; Darry obviously winning the game for Pony and Johnny.

"Okay, I'm gonna fake it to you," Darry said, pointing to Johnny as the three of them huddled together. "Then you're gonna run down; pretending that you have the ball." the eldest Curtis instructed. "Ponyboy, stay open - I'm gonna throw it to you, make sure you're close to the goal when you turn around, kay?" Darry said as they started to break apart, lining up in their spots as they faced their opponents. "Ready! Hut, hut, hike!" Darry shouted, faking a pass to Johnny- faking out the other team as they started to chase after him, leading them to great disappointment once they found out he didn't have the ball. Ponyboy sprinted down the field, reaching the end.

"Darry!" Pony shouted, waving his arms in the air, watching as the football ripped through the air as it spiraled with a perfect arc, landing faultlessly in Ponyboy's arms, bringing it in closer to his body as he saw Dallas flitting furiously towards him from midfield. Upon seeing the raging blond, he started sprinting towards the end of the field, nearing the field goal; past the big oak tree with the tire-swing hanging from it. No matter how hard Ponyboy pounded his feet against the ground, Dally managed to catch up to him until finally tackling the little auburn greaser- sadly for the hood he had already made the touchdown. "Ahghh!" Ponyboy groaned as Dally's body smashed against his, casting them both to fall in a heap on the hard ground.

"Damn kid, ya got a freakin' windup key in your back or somethin'? You're hard as hell ta catch." Dallas spat, the closest thing to a complement he could ever give. "No wonder you're not interested in girls yet, ya don't stay around long enough ta even let them touch you." Dally teased as he got off of the small greaser, making Ponyboy flush lightly; no one in the gang had ever complimented him on his running- even though Dally was teasing him more than anything than complimenting him, but he understood what the hood was trying to say.

-v-

Thanks for reading! Ponyboy is so modest compared to Dally; I think that's what makes this chapter kind of cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok there for today thanks. Comment and vote for the author please.