Chapter 9: Love pt2

Continues from last chapter. Last sentence of last chapter: "Well, I'm gonna go barrow Buck's T-bird for awhile." Dallas stated flatly before leaving without another word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponyboy sat in his fourth period class, algebra, not paying any attention to a single word the teacher was saying - having already grasped an understanding on the subject, he began to daydream, zoning out completely as he gazed out the window. Suddenly being snapped back to reality when he felt the eraser side of a pencil running up the side of his ribs lightly; eliciting a sudden jolt from the greaser, having been a very ticklish spot on him to begin with. Turning around he found an upperclassmen soc staring back at him with an almost leering type of grin. Pony's eyes went to slits before turning back around; ignoring the pest behind him. Trying to any way. The soc and a few of his friends began flicking rolled up pieces of paper at him.

'Seriously, they're stoopin' this low?' Ponyboy thought as he continued to sit through the on going attack.

"Ya know grease, its not as much fun if you just sit there. Why don't'cha move around or something, huh?" Just then the soc jabbed him in the ribs with his eraser, making the young greaser jump and squeak, causing the socs behind him to laugh. Ponyboy covered his mouth in embarrassment, not believing the noise that just came out of him, making the socs laugh.

"Let's see if we can do that again, squeak toy." the soc teased, giving Pony a new nickname before jabbing him again with the end of his pencil, getting the same reaction. Ponyboy glared back at them, only to be laughed at by the socs. Ponyboy shook his head lightly, knowing full well that if he were to fight back he would be fighting a loosing battle. Before the socs could do anything else, the bell rang, dismissing all the students to their next classes. The young greaser scurried out of his classroom, heading for his next class; gym.

"Yo, Pon! Wait up!" Two-Bit shouted from down the hallway, weaving in between the stampede of kids as they flowed out of their classrooms.

"Hey, Two-Bit." Ponyboy greeted his friend when he reached him, giving him a light smile before continuing to walk down the hallway to class.

"You think you could help me with my math homework; my mom's been naggin' at me for the past month ta get my F to a B, she must be outta her mind to think I could get anything higher than a C. It's like she thinks I'm smart or somethin'." Two-Bit huffed.

"You are smart Two-Bit, you just don't apply yourself." Ponyboy reassured his friend, trying to make him feel better.

"Apply? You mean like a job or somethin'?" Two-Bit asked, joking around the lil' Curtis a bit.

"No, to work hard or put effort and time into your work instead of flirting with all the blondes in your class." Ponyboy teased, just as a tall blonde soc walked past, catching Two-Bit's eye as he eyed her up and down.

"I don't flirt with all of them." Two-Bit retorted, his attention back on his friend.

"Yeah, just the ones that sit next to you." Ponyboy joked, a grin slipping onto his lips.

"Exactly!" Two-Bit beamed with a smile from ear to ear, making his friend laugh. "But auburns aren't bad either." Two-Bit leered slightly, trying to drop a hint. But the comment flew right over the young greaser's head.

"I haven't seen too many auburn haired girls in school, I guess they're okay." Ponyboy said, completely insensible due to his innocence. Two-Bit nearly slapped his palm to his face.

'How blind could this kid be!' Two-Bit thought, shaking his head as he stared at his friend with a slight smirk on his lips. "Well, catch ya at lunch." Two-Bit said before making his way to his class.

The Outsiders: Wantedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें