Chapter 1-

Unique

By Hannah_IAm

Copyright Hannah Chandler 2013 ©

Author's note:

This story contains somewhat serious themes such as lieing, stealing, cancer, vandalism, some  very mild drug reference and another theme which i can't say because it will give away the story but some might find it disdurbing, just so you are aware. But there is no swearing or sex. Thanks for reading I hope you enjoy! Comments welcome, and I Fan back. I hope you enjoy!! xx

The bass could be felt through the floor; it felt like the drums were the rhythm of my heart.  I pushed my way through the crowd. Some ones elbow was thrust into my rib cage. My breath came out all at once leaving none left in my lungs. I gasped and pushed harder to the front. The strobe lights flash ed in my eyes. I see flashes of people: There then gone, Life, then death. Taken away then given back. Hair, limbs and piercings then darkness. The lights stop, and I've made it to the front. 

The heat is intense. It’s so loud my ears are rejecting the sounds and start to become weak to any other sounds but the booming music. The singer screams into the microphone. His sweat pours onto the stage. Some splatters my face. I whip my hair back and forth. The music is so good I start to loose myself in it.

Suddenly I feel a pair hands on my waist. I slap them off and turn around glaring at the tall guy behind me. He smirks. I know guys like him. I raise my lip and show him my teeth. He just looks amused.  

I turn back to the band. The singer leans down and reaches his hand out to me, I scream and grab it. I can’t hear my scream, though, my ears reject the sound; I focus on the music which makes my soul dance.  His sweat and mine are exchanged, and then he reaches for another person. My shirt is soaked in sweat and my hair is sticking to my face. But I still dance, getting lost once again in the music.  

The music finished with one loud jam from all the instruments. I scream and people around me are doing the same. I slap my hands together. All sounds are muffled, like cotton wool was stuck in my head. The smoke from the stage makes my head ache from its noxious smell. 

I turn and see the same smirking boy as before. I roll my eyes, and shove past him. I start the shuffle out of the small concert with everyone else. We move as one person.  Like a herd of cows. I hear a moo beside me; I snap my head in the direction of the sound and see the smirking boy.  I look him up and down. His checker vans are mainstream, his t-shirt of All Time Low is predictable and his hair pushed up at the front is overly done. This isn’t his normal scene, but he wants it to be. Again I roll my eyes.

 He leans into me and through my clogged ears I hear him say, “You looked hot dancing like that.”

I lift my hand and slap his face. He rubs his cheek grinning. Then he takes out his phone and starts a new contact, then he hands the phone to me. This boy won’t give up.  I take the phone and throw it on the ground. He disappears, dropping out of the crowd.  I smile to myself. He won’t be back.

-

The dry grass crunched under my feet. 

“Kayla!” I hear a shout; I turn and see my friend stumbling towards me. Her messy black hair has foam in it.  I grab her beer as she falls into my arms.

 I toss the drink behind me, “Tatty!” I shout back in mock excitement.

“I thought you weren’t coming?” Says Tatty, widening her brown eyes.