Chapter 5-

I look at the paper then back to the building. Not too bad. I press the button and hear a small buzzing sound.

Walking up the stairs, my legs start to burn. I press my thighs down to help them haul my body up. I look up and see I have another two floors to go. By the time I reach the top level my lungs are burning. My breathing is rapid as I knock on the door. Aaron answers it. He’s smirking largely. His hair looks messier than usual. I eye him up and down. He’s kicked the vans but is now wearing all-star converse. I sigh.

“You still have a lot to learn.” I say walking into the flat without a prompt.

“What?” He says. I glare at him. Suddenly I get on my knees and in one swift pull I’m holding the converse in my hand without Aaron’s foot in it. He stumbles backwards and slams into the wall. I stand up and hand him the shoe.

“I thought you said don’t do something because someone else wants you to?” Aaron asks, a smile acting up.

“I also said do whatever I tell you too.” I say looking about the flat. The walls are bare and all  the furniture is covered in plastic.

“Why does your place smell so weird?” I ask. The air smells thin and like plastic.

“We have a special air filter to clean the air for me.” Aaron says wrestling off the other shoe. That word. We. My stomach twists at the two little letters. I feel sick, dizzy.

“Your art.” I say quietly.

Aaron looks up at me and smirks, “Eager?’ He says.

I walk closer to him and narrow my eyes at him, “Show me.”

Aaron face suddenly lights up. His lips start playing about, then he sucks them in.

“Don’t you dare say that stupid overly used sexual joke.” I stare him down. He starts moving away, his eyes dancing with humor.

Aaron leads me down the hall and through doorway. I walk into a clean white room with grey toned canvases stacked and leaning against walls, and in the center is one still on an easel, only the bare bones of the painting showing. some are hangin up on the wall. The brush strokes are sporadic and  wild. Splattering cover the scenes, veiling them in grey tones. I walk up to one and take a closer look. There are figures hunched, deformed almost.  One canvas has a figure flying through the air, my eyes shift to the line by the side. No, he’s falling. I look at Aaron. He’s watching me closely, his face now devoid of laughter. I sit down on a table.

“It’s real.” I say clearly and seriously.

“Real?”

“You’re not as much of a wannabe as I thought you were.” I say, not smiling.

“Thanks?” He says. His lips curling up slightly.

“Now we just need to get you out there.” I jump off the table.

“Okay, how do we do that?”

“By breaking the law.” I say simply. I feel a small smile tug at my lips. Aaron grins at me.