Story 9! - Ulla's first word

Varian and Cassandra were in the baby room. The walls were a nice light pink and Cassandra was sitting on the floor while baby Ulla was sitting on the floor right next to Cassandra. Cassandra was trying to teach Ulla how to say, Mommy. Ulla still hasn't said her first word and Cassandra was getting a little too excited hoping it would be Mommy. I mean, Amber's first word was Mom. (Ulla was JUST learning how to communicate she's about 11 months old SHE'S SO TINY!!!!)

Amber was in her bedroom (soon to be the girl's room in like 3 years) taking a nap. Varian had just finished tucking her in and came and leaned on the wall in the baby room, he was reading a book on alchemy while Cass was hanging out with Ulla.

Cassandra – Can you say, Mommy!?

Ulla - *weird noises trying*

Cassandra – Mommy!

Ulla - *Close-ish mommy like noise*

Amber's voice from the other room – Mommy!

Cassandra's mother instincts kicked in.

Cassandra – Coming Amber! Varian, can you watch Ulla?

Varian – Of course.

Cassandra gave Ulla a small kiss on the forehead before leaving to go to Amber. 

Varian continued reading his book but still kept most of his attention on Ulla. That when he saw Ulla tried to walk a little.

Varian thought she looked cute, but he kept a close eye on her. He was really proud, he loved how this was HIS daughter.

Ulla was walking well but she tripped.

Ulla - *starts getting ready to cry*

Varian – Hey!

Varian started to go over to Ulla but stopped as he saw that Ruddiger was making his way over to Ulla. Once Ruddiger was one foot away from the baby-

Varian – Ruddiger don't!

Ruddiger - *looks at Varian*

Varian – Stay away from her!

Ruddiger - *gives Varian a smug smile*

Varian – Don't you take another step!

Ruddiger - *Walked closer to Ulla*

Varian – Ruddiger don't-

Ruddiger started rubbing his tail on Ulla.

Varian – RUDDIGER YOU GET AWAY FROM- ....

Ulla grabbed Ruddiger and started hugging him.

Varian - ....

Ulla – Ruddiegar!!!!

Varian - .....

Amber – Aww.

Amber was standing by her dad's feet, she looked really tired, her hair was really messy, she was holding her stuffed animal bunny that was about the size of her. 

Varian – Amber? Why- Where's Cass?

Amber – I went look for mommy.

Varian – Oh.

Cassandra walked in the door to see her daughter cuddling with the raccoon.

Cassandra – Varian? What's-

Ulla – Ruddiegar!

Cassandra - ....

Varian and Cassandra were just watching their daughter.... Her first word was Ruddiger....

Varian – That was unexpected.... I really thought her first word would be Mommy or something.... But... wow...