Dad's respect

Amber had been dating Maverick for about a month. Everyone loved him especially Amber.

Cassandra loved how he made Amber happy.

Ulla loved his personality and how he lets her join them and he treats her like she's their age

But Varian.....

Varian was protective of Amber. He didn't want anyone hurting her. Varian loved Amber with everything he had and he was worried Maverick would break her heart, or be a bad influence on her. But he trusted his wife's judgment and tried to ignore these thoughts.

Varian impatiently opened the door to his daughter's bedroom.

Varian - Who wants to do stuff together?!

That when Ulla fell out of bed and Ruddiger fell on top of her as she fell on the hardwood floor.

Ulla - Dad!!! Seriously!?

Ruddiger lets off an annoyed chatter.

Varian - Why are you still asleep?! It's 1 in the afternoon! I thought you were a morning person?

Ulla - Tell that to my dance teacher. My feet feel dead!!!! So much dancing!!!

Varian - it's alright. Come out soon though.

Ulla - Alright.

Varian - where's Amber?

Ulla - On a date with Maverick. Probably

Ulla picks up Ruddiger and stands up as Ruddgier also gets into character.

Ulla mocking Amber - Oh Jones! You're so amazing!

Ruddiger puffed out his chest letting out deep chatters.

Ulla mocking Amber - I love you, Jones!

Ruddiger let's put a bashful chatter

Ulla kissed Ruddiger on the forehead.

Ulla - Obviously she would kiss his lips but.... Anyway. You get my point.

Varian - .....

The next day

Varian was sitting on the patio and he was looking at the flowers around the cottage. That's when the back door opened and his wife came through the door.

Varian - Hey Honey.

Cassandra walked up and kissed him on the forehead.

Cassandra - Hi.

Cassandra made Varian move over so she could sit next to him on the small bench.

Varian - Where are the girls?

Cassandra - Ulla's at dance class, and Amber's on a date.

Varian - Another one?! Where?

Cassandra - Just a small picnic.

Varian - Hmph...

Cassandra - Someone's not jealous is he?

Cassandra said in a teasing tone.

Varian - What no?!

Cassandra- You miss your daughter's attention. And Maverick is getting it all.

Varian looked at his wife. Cassandra took her husband's hand.

Cassandra- He's a good kid. Give him a chance.

Varian - .... B-But-

Cassandra - No buts!