Unusual Start To A Love Story (Ethan AU)

I can't find my machete.

__________________________

You were sat in the center of your prized flowerbed; a proud smile resting on your face, a soft song flowing past your lips, and hair of soft (h/c) flowing smoothly in the cool breeze as you catered to each and every vividly colored flower looking up at you with tender expectations.

This had always been your favourite hobby.

Spending the mornings and late afternoons nurturing the greenery, rearranging the garden structure, and decorating the expanse with an assortment of natural beauty that you could very well find within the mountain region enclosing your home. And you do it with a surprising level of expertise that only well-versed florists and landscapers are capable of.

Because reveling in the arms of nature had always been your dream.

You thought that nothing could ever take ahold of your heart as much as gardening and flowers can. You had even settled with living in a secluded, wooded area just to be able to raise as many plants and flora as your sweet self could pull off.

But then out of nowhere, a man came by and completely changed your perspective - smashing your walls like a wrecking ball and tearing down all the barricades that you had unwittingly placed around yourself from the countless years of living in solitude.

He was much too perfect in every way that he puts your heart almost to an ever stop whenever he was around. From the reserved but gentle air that he exuded, the resolute look in his mesmerising green eyes, and the firm touch of his strong hands.

His chiseled features and god-like graces were pure art and one that most men could only dream of.

It was unfortunate that you were never meant for each other.

"I think I know who you really are now." You heard him say from behind you, his low and masculine voice breaking the stillness that you were previously basking in.

And the words he spoke sounded much too firm the more that they lingered in your ears that it caused a strange feeling of foreboding creeping up inside you that you tried to push down.

His tone hinted a rare sense of assuredness, as though he was ready to back you into a corner just to acquire the answers that he wanted to hear. And knowing his persistence well enough being that you had been 'acquaintances' for quite some time now, you decided to face him rather than run away.

You removed your dirty gloves and settled the dusty tools to the side, inwardly pulling a soft sigh that you could only wish would calm your fried nerves before standing up to address his confrontation.

You then spun around with a bounce in your heels and approached the man behind you with a signature smile that adorned your face like a flower to a painting. A smile that was so well rehearsed no one could tell that it was fake.

"What are you talking about, Ethan?" You asked, tilting your head slightly to the side as you came to a full stop a few feet in front of him. The air of innocence floating as you locked eyes with the tall young man.

"You already know well who I am... I'm (Y/N). And I'm the girl working in this garden."

"No..." He cuts you off. Once again with a distinct hint of seriousness and firmness in his tone. "You're not who you say you are..."

His striking green eyes caught yours as you tried to voice out an excuse and all of a sudden the words were caught up in your throat like a suffocating lump.

You felt your own heart pound loudly against your ribcage, and with each time that it jumps, the wave of guilt that you could not understand ripples stronger and heavier until just looking at him and his sparsely stern expression was pure torment.