Chapter 1

This story is a collaboration between my son and me.  

Due to the Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey nature of this story, things can and will seem hard to follow and sometimes even downright contradictory. This is perfectly normal. If you read through to the end, however, things will become clear.

This is an alternate reality as there are several changes to canon in both stories.

In this story Jack and Samantha Carter are siblings.

The Eureka timeline as seen in the show starts in 2004, instead of 2006 when the show started on the air.

Things different in this universe are:

Janet Fraser did not die (this will be explained later)

Aiden Ford was not fed on (for the same reason as Janet Fraser surviving)

Prometheus was not destroyed due to GD upgrades to its equipment

General Hammond did not die (GD's medical science prevents this)

During the battle over Asura, lots of equipment was harvested by beaming, rather than let it be destroyed.

The fatal error in the Asgard cloning technique never arose.

We prefer to think that "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" never happened.

We don't own any of the franchises used in this story. We are just fans.

Chapter 1

"Ally? Where are my jogging shorts?" Jack Carter was throwing things this way and that, searching the freshly washed laundry for his elusive jogging shorts.

"In the laundry…. basket," his wife, Allison, finished weakly as she walked into the room. "Do you have to sack and pillage while you're searching?" she asked, picking up a pair of pants that had been thrown carelessly onto the bed.

Jack was frantically searching, still. "I just need to get going, if I'm gonna get my exercise in this morning," he said as he flung some of her unmentionables aside.

Allison saw a glint of the fabric he was looking for, and grabbed it before it was re-buried. She held it up. "Jack."

"I need to clear my head, so I'm fresh before I get there, you know?

"Jack." A bit louder this time.

"This is kinda going to be a blending of two parts of my life, and I'd like to show up with a clear head. I wish you could go jogging with me, though." He stopped and looked at his wife, who was still holding up the prize. "Is there another basket some…" He finally saw what she had in her hand. "You found them."

"Yes, Jack. That's what I've been trying to tell you." She handed them to him. "You're right. You do need to clear your head."

He reached for the shorts, but she held them behind her back until he kissed her. "I wish I could go jogging with you too."

"After the baby," he said, grinning.

She nodded, and smiled back. "After the baby."

The town of Eureka...

Jack had been jogging for about twenty minutes, trying to clear his head. Recently, he had been on edge, feeling that if he looked quickly enough, in a certain direction, that he would see someone standing there, watching. He knew that this was ridiculous, but he just couldn't shake the feeling.