Chapter 16

A/N We do not own any of the franchises represented herein. We are just fans.

Special thanks to L. Ron Hubbard for his descriptions of the workings of Psychlo battle plane engines in his book "Battlefield Earth".

Chapter 16

Hippaforalkus stepped off the platform and turned to face the rest. Before he could speak, the door opened and a dark skinned Alteran hurried into the room. "My apologies, Hippaforalkus. I was trying to get the scans done of Todd's ships before you got aboard."

"And?"

"Looks like he's been telling the truth, Sir."

Hippaforalkus nodded and thanked the newcomer, then turned back to his guests. Another group of people were materializing on the platform.

Jack Carter watched as his wife, sister, Henry, Fargo, Zane, and Rodney appeared on the platform. "Where's Todd?" he asked.

The man behind the console patted the controls affectionately. "He's right in here, Laddie. Right where he belongs."

Hippaforalkus looked at Merlin for a moment, then back at the man at the console. He sighed, and said, "Much as I agree that a transport buffer is the perfect place for Todd, go ahead and bring him in, Scotty."

"Ach, Lad. Aye." Scotty shook his head and grumbled something about the only good Wraith being a dead one.

The dark skinned man had joined him and was looking at some readouts on the console. He glanced at Scotty and remarked, "You said it!" then watched as forms started to coalesce on the transport platform. Todd and Jardis faded into being, along with Sheppard, Bismark, and Walter Harriman.

Scotty stood up straight from the controls, folded his arms over his chest, and glared at Todd. His associate didn't seem very happy with the Wraith either, although his distaste was not as pronounced as Scotty's.

Hippaforalkus seemed amused by the two engineers' hostility, but then he wasn't happy with Todd either. "Ladies and gentlemen, Todd. Jardis."

"Come now, Lantean. Are we to be subject to abuse for the entire time we are here? I told you that we will help, and this is the thanks we get?" Todd was clearly furious.

Merlin stepped forward and confronted the Wraith. "My apologies, Todd. We will try to contain our prejudices. This is the first time the Alterans, or Lanteans, have worked together with Wraith."

"And what about him?" Todd sneered at Hippaforalkus. "Will he behave himself? Do you speak for all of the Lanteans, Wizard?"

Sheppard stepped in between Todd and Merlin. Surprisingly, he turned to face Merlin. "I can vouch for Todd, Merlin. Yes, he's a Wraith, but it seems that he has an agenda separate from the rest of them." He turned and backed up to where he was no longer standing between the two. "But one thing I can say for Todd. He will always work for his own best interest, and in this case, helping us is in that interest. He's never told me he would help and then backed out. If the deal is called off, he will give me warning before acting on that." He looked the Wraith in the eye. "Right, Todd?"

"Yes, Sheppard. This peace, however temporary, is in my best interest, and I will honor it."

Shepard turned to face Merlin and Hippaforalkus. "See? We're all one big happy family here."

Merlin looked at O'Neill, who simply shrugged his shoulders. Then turned to Hippaforalkus. "I think we can all get along here, don't you?" He received a grudging nod. He turned to the men behind the transporter console. "Mr Scott? Mr. LaForge?"