Chapter 18

A/N We do not own any of the franchises represented herein. We are just fans.

Chapter 18

On the other side of the Avalon galaxy, the Ori had also been building up their forces. Twelve years had been devoted to building this fleet, and now, with close to seventy attack ships, it was time to strike. They jumped to hyperspace, and were moving quickly so that the unbelievers had very little time to prepare.

Twenty of the ships jumped out of hyperspace in orbit of Vis Uban, a number which the Ori assumed would be able to take the planet very quickly. However, the defenses at Vis Uban were somewhat more sophisticated than the Ori had expected.

When the Ori vessels dropped from hyperspace, they found themselves facing a dozen Astraeus class battleships, a Valhalla, and ten BC-304/C ships. They squared off with the Terran ships, but when destruction came, it was from an unexpected direction. As well as the ships, there were ten satellites in orbit, which recognized the Ori ships as not belonging in orbit, and began to pepper them with weaponry. Three of the Ori ships simply vaporized as they were hit in critical areas, and the rest decided that sitting motionless in orbit was not a good idea. They started moving, but they had waited longer than was prudent. Valhalla, a carrier, had launched it's starfighters which took the Ori vessels by surprise.

Next, the highly nimble Astraeus class ships began to fire and launch waves of fighter drones. The drones joined with the starfighters and together, they started strafing the surfaces of the Ori ships.

The BC-304s had their own jobs to do. They darted in and out between the Ori ships, inflicting damage, and drawing the Ori guns toward them rather than the more heavily armed Astraeus ships. They, in turn, targeted and fired, taking out a few more of the Ori vessels.

The Ori crews were perhaps fanatical when it came to their belief in their gods. Many were even uneducated, but they were not stupid. They saw that they were outclassed when they lost the eighth of their ships, they decided that living to fight another day was probably the better course of action. As one, they jumped into hyperspace and retreated the way they had come.

While these twenty ships were fighting above Vis Uban, another twenty dropped out of hyperspace above Chulak. There, they met up with a fleet of three dozen Ha'tak. These latest in the class originally designed by the Goa'uld were not the primitive ships that they once were, nor were the crews untrained and kept in the dark about so much of their ship. These new Jaffa were extremely well trained, and they were fully aware of what needed to be done on board their ships to fight effectively.

As soon as the Ori vessels dropped into normal space, the Jaffa ships whirled on them, and started firing. No one in the Iconian fleet would wait for communication to be established with these Ori ships. They knew exactly who they were and why they were present. News of the death of Morgan LeFay had been broadcast to all of the fleet commanders, and as a result the Ori would not be given a chance to get the first shot. Morgan LeFay had been instrumental in combining the technologies of the Iconain Alliance. She had worked with the twins, Scotty and LaForge, as well as several other engineers, and had often blended the technologies into a single working ship. As well, she had been loved by all the the people she worked with, being personable and able to discern people's wants and likes.

LeFay had also set up education and advanced medical systems on Chulak, improving life for the Jaffa. Now they had a chance to avenge her death, and if the Ori were to advance, the Jaffa were certainly going to make them feel every inch of ground they obtained.

Today, however, was not the Ori's day. The Jaffa lost two ships, one of which was rather spectacular as it did a kamikaze run, taking out two Ori ships in the process. In all, the Ori lost ten.