Chapter 6

A/N We don't own any of the franchises referenced in this story. We are just fans.

Chapter 6

In orbit of Earth, 300 Aschen ships dropped out of hyperspace. No one noticed when it happened, but the Aschen had managed to modify their hyperdrives to work at a much higher level of hyperspace. They also disrupted their hyperspace signature, which prevented their ships from being detected.

Once they arrived, the automated systems on their ships caused the BC-304 and GD-305 shields to activate and the interceptor systems immediately fired on the Aschen weapon blasts ,stopping them from impacting the Earth ships.

On Earth deep in Atlantis Carson Beckett sat in the control chair. Since the Tok'ra had alerted Earth about a possible attack, someone with the ATA gene had been in the chair room 24 hours a day. When the attack came, Carson was able to fire back in just a few seconds. Very quickly, drones were firing from Atlantis and Antarctica. In the control room, the GD planetary defense system was activated. In the middle of Main Street in Eureka, the Irradiated Uranium Particle Cannon, or IUPC, rose out of the ground and fired into space. The beam was aimed at a specially built satellite that used a series of mirrors to reflect the beam at the Aschen ships. Since its rediscovery, the beam had been heavily modified and upgraded which made it far more powerful.

In space, the Aschen ships were maneuvering and firing at the small Earth fleet. Already, the unarmed communication satellites in orbit of Earth had been shot down. Panic spread across Earth as worldwide communication collapsed. The Aschen ships far outnumbered the Earth fleet, and were able to fire through the defensive lines, hitting the planet. Already Tokyo, Shanghai, New York, London, and Beijing were in flames.

However, they paid a heavy price to destroy these cities. The drones were ripping massive holes through the Aschen ships. 60 ships were already obliterated. Meanwhile the secondary IUPCs were firing their beams to the moon where they were reflected back to the Aschen ships. On the other side of the Earth, an IUPC facility just outside of Moscow was firing at a satellite in geosynchronous orbit above the city, where the beams were also reflected towards Aschen ships attacking Europe and Asia.

On the bridge of the Nathan Stark, Colonel John Sheppard had been preparing his ship to launch when the Earth attack began. A new, more versatile version of the gravity drive designed by S.A.R.A.H. had been installed aboard the ship, and Sheppard was about to take her out to test it. Quickly, Sheppard ordered the launch of the 305.

"I haven't calibrated the gravity drive yet!" Fargo yelled into the comm.

"Just push the button, Doug! That hardly matters right now!" Sheppard shouted back.

"Yes, it does, John! If we launch without things being right, we could be sludge on the decks by the time we hit orbit."

Sheppard used some of the creative cursing he had learned from Fargo, then said, more calmly, "Do your best, Doug."

A moment later, he heard from the engine deck, "The best is done! Launch us, Colonel!"

"Wonderful! Launch!" The ship attained orbit in less than a second, and Sheppard gazed at the holoscreen showing him what was happening.

Just a few miles away, an Aschen warship was being pelted by drones launched from Atlantis. They were circling the warship and taking turns ramming their bodies through the warship in a pattern that Sheppard recognized. I see Carson is in the chair Sheppard thought to himself as he ordered the Stark to close in on an Aschen warship moving smoothly into orbit above Eureka. "Launch the fighter drones," he ordered as they closed in. "Fire at will," he told the gunner in charge of the APBs. He turned to the gunner in charge of the GD molecular bond disrupters. "Lock on the MBDs. Prepare to fire on my order."