Chapter 12

A/N We don't own any of the franchises represented herein.
We're just fans.

Chapter 12

The next morning, at Altair, Fargo and Henry started working on the stone pedestal, trying to come up with a way to increase the bandwidth capable of being transmitted through it. They found that essentially, Merlin was correct. Multiply the Z axis by ten, and you would increase the bandwidth by ten. But it wasn't that easy. There were power considerations as well. To increase the bandwidth was not a matter of multiplying by ten when it came to power. It was more like a hundred.

Elsewhere in the Altair shipyard, the production of the GD-305s was increased. Sam had spoken to Henry, and they decided that a they should build some of the 302s and 304s at Altair as well. To this end, Bismark from Area 51 was brought to Altair to head up the production of the ships he knew. He sat down with Henry and they transferred the blueprints into the mites for construction.

Jay Felger was also brought on board at GD and Altair. He and Bill Lee were an indispensable engineering team. Jay had an idea for a series of orbiting space stations that would take advantage of many of the features of the GD-305s. It would have the same armaments and reactor core as the 305, as well as a supply of F-drones which could be launched almost immediately. He showed the plans to Bill and together they refined the ideas until they had a workable proposal to show to Sam.

"How many would we need to build?" she asked.

"We are thinking probably five, each spaced five thousand miles apart in equatorial orbit," Lee explained.

"One at each pole would also be a benefit," Felger added. "Along with some in orbit of the Moon."

"The entire setup would be controlled by Atlantis," Lee said. "Each unit would be configured to relay control signals to the other stations. But each unit would also be able to act independently if the connection to Atlantis control were lost."

Samantha looked over the plans again, looking for potential problems. She knew the idea was Felger's and that Lee had ironed it out. Felger could tend to be an idealist, who could get lost somewhere while translating his thoughts into reality. Bill Lee was usually able to turn them into workable plans.

Sam finally finished perusing the proposal, and told the duo, "GD recently finished their version of a Lantean Control chair. Add in the control circuitry for that chair as well as the redundancy you have, and you've convinced me. I'll speak to the general about it."

Felger paused a moment, then exclaimed, "We can do that!" He turned back to his computer. Sam just shook her head and walked back toward her office. It was almost time for her to go home for the evening. This evening, she would be travelling to Atlantis as she and Jack were having dinner with the chancellor. To that end, she stopped in at Henry's office to let him know she would be leaving. He wasn't there. In fact, the only person she could find was Walter, whom she met in the corridor on the way to the stargate.

"Henry went back to GD, Ma'am. I was just coming to let you know he needs you there quickly."

They started back the way Walter had come and he filled her in on the way. "The Asuran Elizabeth Weir contacted us. It seems the Asurans are seeking asylum on Earth. General O'Neill and Chancellor Jackson are both on their way to GD. They would like you there as well."

"Alright, but you're coming with me," she told him as they ran. "You've got more experience recognizing radio signatures than anyone in Eureka."

He stopped in front of the DHD and dialed Earth. As the wormhole formed, he asked, "Do you think it may not be Weir?"