Chapter 4

A/N We don't own any of the franchises used in this story. We are just fans.

Chapter 4

Jack Carter emerged from the Stargate and he was cold. He turned to his right, where Ally stood. She was shivering, and rubbing her upper arms.

"Brrr! Is it... Is it always like... like this?" she asked, gasping because of the cold.

"No. I've never felt that before." He put his arms around her. "I'll help warm you up."

She smiled up at him and put her head on his shoulder.

Jack looked over to where Fargo was sitting on the steps in front of the gate. He was rubbing his forehead. Jack asked the obvious question. "What happened, Fargo?"

"I shouldn't have dived. I hit my head on the floor when I came out. To top it off, I'm freezing. Don't they believe in heat here?"

"It's seventy two degrees in the gateroom, Dr. Fargo." This was Samantha. "When we use Atlantis' gate, we always come out the other side freezing. We think it's because of the differences in the Pegasus Galaxy gates."

"That was amazing!" It was Henry. "I want to see any information you have on how these gates work!"

McKay looked at Henry from where he was on his back scrutinizing the crystals inside the DHD. "I'd be glad to show you everything I have on stargates, Dr. Deacon. As a matter of fact, If you'd like to see it, I'll be glad to point out a few of the more significant parts of this DHD."

"What are you doing, Rodney?" Samantha asked.

"I'm tired of being a popsicle every time I travel. I'm seeing if I can figure out why that gate worked just fine in Pegasis and not here!"

Henry, Fargo, and Zane were on the floor beside Rodney in a flash, and he was happily pointing out the crystalline memory of the DHD, as well as the gate power source.

Grace watched, and was taking in what McKay was telling the three men as well, without getting down on the dusty floor.

"Comtraya!"

A shortish, balding man came hurrying to the now deactivated gate where the group was clustered. He was smiling and looked absolutely thrilled to see everyone. He stopped before O'Neill and repeated what was obviously a greeting. As he did so, he clapped his hands and then spread his arms wide. O'Neill rolled his eyes, but then repeated the gesture and word.

"O'Neill! It is wonderful to see you again!"

"Hello, Harlan. How's it going?"

"Fine, O'Neill. Fine!" Harlan looked around, saw Sam, Teal'c and Dr. Jackson and went to greet each of them in turn. Introductions were made with the others, and then Harlan started off to the new shipbuilding productions. On the way, he pointed out different pieces of machinery. The most recognizable to the GD teams were the crates of GD equipment.

"So this is where the equipment for the prototype Photologic Processor went?" Henry asked astounded. It was a brand new breakthrough that he and Zane made by merging the Logic Diamond core of GD and Jacks phototonic processor. The first prototype showed a four hundred percent increase in calculations per nanosecond.

"Thats right. The core will be running the entire facility in a few weeks." Captain Walter Harriman said walking up to the group. "Generals, Doctors, Colonels, Ma'am, Sir's."

"Walter." General O'Neill said shaking the hand of Altair's chief engineer. "How goes the refit?"

"Very good sir. We're working on refitting the facility's geothermal power core using the designs that Doctor Zelenka found in the Atlantis Database. Once that's done, the facility will have the power to run the photologic core."