Chapter 20

A/N We do not own any of the franchises represented herein. We are just fans.

Chapter 20

In orbit of Heliopolis...

In Avalon's Ops center, The Commander was working with the leaders of the Iconian races as well as the defense ministry, which was made up of O'Neill, Thor and Bra'tac. The Commander, while still subject to them, was in charge of the entire Iconian fleet. They were trying to discern a location in the Avalon Galaxy where the Ori could conceal a supergate under construction. They had narrowed the list of possible locations to... several. In order to search them, they dispatched twelve 304s and seventeen biliskiners.

"We need to do something about the berserker drones as well," Teal'c commented.

"I agree," O'Neill said. "That was just too much of a coincidence that the attack on Earth came just as the fleet was out fighting them."

"I agree with O'Neill," Thor said. "I suspect that the Ori and berserker drones have formed some sort of an alliance."

"And the Ori probably took our ha'tak," Bra'tac concluded.

"I suspect that is the truth, Master Bra'tac," Merlin said gravely.

"Which is why I feel that we must send some ships to contend with the drones."

"You're absolutely right, Teal'c," The Commander nodded. "I would think some 305's and O'Neills would be the best, don't you think, General O'Neill?"

"Yeah," O'Neill said. "I'm good with that, you?" he asked Thor and Bra'tac.

"That is agreeable to me," Bra'tac replied.

"Agreed, O'Neill," Thor said.

The Commander turned to his communications officer and had him dispatch the required ships.

From across the room, there was a flash, and en masse, the group turned to face the area. A man had appeared there, and he looked stricken.

"Janus?" Merlin asked.

"Hello, Father. I have just come from Vis Uban." He stepped toward the group, and stumbled. Jack Carter rushed to help him remain standing. "Thank you, Jack," Janus said.

"What's wrong?" Carter asked him.

As Janus started to collapse, a chair flashed into being and caught him. "Thank you," he acknowledged.

"Don't mention it," Carter said. Janus gave him a strange look but didn't say anything more. Instead, he looked at his father. "Watch the viewscreen, Father," he said.

The group turned to the floor to ceiling viewer as it came to life. The screen showed a planet, presumably Vis Uban, with a carrier group in Orbit.

"That's Atropos," The Commander said. "General Young is in command, if I remember right." He looked at Janus, who only nodded, dumbly.

Near the carrier, a hyperspace window opened, and wave after wave of the giant Ori ships started pouring out.

The Commander ordered, "Prepare for hyperspace!" but Janus shook his head.

"These events are all past, Commander, and the presence of Avalon at Vis Uban would not have changed a thing."

Everyone continued watching in horror as more and more Ori ships emerged from hyperspace. They completely ignored the carrier group and started bombarding the planet below. The starfighters launched and started strafing the ships, but to no avail. "Those ships are of the Dominantur class," Janus explained. "They are fully three times the size and strength of the Attack class that we used to see." Suddenly, on one side of the screen, one of the Ori ships sprouted an explosion and started falling out of orbit. En masse, the huge ships started pounding the starfighters. A couple more of the Ori ships fell to the small craft, but before long the fighters were gone. And the Ori went back to bombarding the surface.