Chapter 14

A/N We don't own any of the franchises represented herein.
We're just fans.

AlexanderD is responsible for the name Borealis.

Chapter 14

A Wraith commander strode through the corridors of his Queen's hive. Had he had any less control of his emotions he would have been trembling, whether in fear or anger he was not sure. The queen that he was approaching was known for controlling her emotions, but was also known for her brutality.

"Speak!" The queen said after he arrived in the room.

"My Queen. We have just received word. The Lanteans are back in the galaxy."

"Where are they?"

"They are on the planet Australis. They are rebuilding the Lantean City ship Borealis." The commander remained kneeling, his head bowed.

"How close are they to completing the repairs?" She asked him, and he winced internally.

"I do not know, my Queen. The humans have built a wall in front of the stargate. Any dart we send through crashes into the wall. They have learned from the mistakes of the past."

The commander remained kneeling. He knew that if he said this to any other queen he would have been killed instantly. But this queen was different. She was the youngest and therefore the lowest in prestige. But she was powerful. She was one of the most powerful queens among the wraith and she was patient. She had spent centuries working among the shadows, collecting power while working with her father.

Quickly analyzing the situation, and coming up with a plan to bring about her father's long term goals, she smiled to herself.

The queen, Jardis, stood from her throne and walked to a data terminal. Because she was so young, she had never fought in a war of true equals. However, she was brilliant, and that was how she had survived during the civil war. She was one of the last queens still alive.

It was this brilliance that allowed her to temper her arrogance and rule her emotions. The queen placed her hand on the terminal and brought the telepathic amplifiers online to full power. "My Sisters. The Lanteans are back. They are rebuilding Borealis. This gives us the advantage, as we know where they are and what they are doing. But most importantly, they have anchored themselves to Australis. Meet me at our home world in 2 weeks time. We will strike at the humans before Borealis is ready to take flight."

Jardis closed the mental link and closed her eyes. She and her father were not yet ready to take over the Wraith, but they were close. The data they gained from the humans was valuable, and it allowed for the hives her Father was building to be far more powerful than a traditional hive. The actions of a traitorous commander that her Father had assigned to incorporate the Assuran Zero Point Module into a hive, had set back their plans. Her father had to give the Humans two more ZPMs to destroy the traitor.

It galled her to let the humans kill the traitor. Her father had spent some time on Earth and read the minds of the people with whom he had come into contact. There was a population of seven billion on Earth alone! Her feeding hand would have itched had she still needed to feed.

"Set a course for the home world." Jardis told the commander, not even bothering to look at him.

"At once my queen." The wraith turned and walked out, leaving Jardis to her thoughts. 'High Queen Jardis' she thought, smiling to herself.

On Altair

Dr. Henry Deacon looked down into the two slips where two Valhalla Class Battleships were being built. Jack Carter called them a mini Star Destroyer, and indeed, with their wedge shape, they did look much like the ships from Star Wars. The additional room added to the ship was used for Zane Donovan's Terran Starfighters, Fighter Drones, and (GD built) Alteran Drones. The Valhalla, the first of the class, was nearly complete. All that was left was for the Naquadria fuel rods to be placed into the reactor for final systems check. Then she would be jumped into orbit using Fargo's Jump Drive. Henry stared at the ships feeling a sense of pride mixed with regret. He hated having to use science for war, yet his ships were an advancement of science in the truest sense of the word.