Chapter 2

A/N We don't own any of the franchises used in this story. We are just fans.

Chapter 2

After Henry surprised Daniel with the information that he was actually, legally the owner of the Stargate, Daniel decided it was time to spring a few surprises on Henry and the Global Dynamics people.

"Before we go any farther, there's someone we'd like you to meet. He and his people have been a valuable ally to us. We first met his race several years ago on a planet called Cimmeria. We had inadvertently destroyed a device of their construction which protected Cimmeria, and we needed to try to fix the situation. Thor, himself, fixed it."

Jackson grimaced at the memory, and Teal'c added for the benefit of those not in the know. "We only made the situation worse until Daniel Jackson and Samantha Carter, with the help of a Cimmarian woman, discovered a way to contact Thor."

Jack looked from Jackson to Teal'c, then back again. Then he asked his sister, "Thor? You mean the big Norse guy, wears a helmet and goes around smashing things with a hammer?"

Sam laughed at this and said, "well… I've never seen him wear… well…. anything, let alone a helmet. As far as smashing things with a hammer… I'll leave that up to you to decide when you see him."

Jackson smiled and said matter-of-factly, "Thor developed an alter ego that was a bit different than the truth, but it was quite effective." He picked up his cell phone and dialed a number. "Are you ready, supreme commander?" Jackson listened for a moment, then said, "Yes. I've given you an introduction. We're ready." He hung up the phone, and a sound and light issued from the other side of the room. Heads turned, and there were audible gasps when, what looked like a Roswell Gray, materialized in the room.

"Greetings. I am Supreme Commander Thor of the Asgard Fleet."

General O'Neill stood up and approached the Gray. "Thor! Buddy! I still think you should have said, 'Take me to your leader.'"

After all introductions were made with the diminutive Norse god, O'Neill said, "I think we're all here now. Henry, would you mind showing us around?"

"Certainly, General," Henry said. He was a bit taken aback by the appearance of the Asgard. He had known for several years that there were humans on different planets, and intellectually, he had known that there were aliens in the form of Goa'uld, but to meet someone like Thor… someone who was a god to an earth culture, and to find out that he was actually a Roswell Gray. That blew him away. "If you'll all follow me, we'll see the Robotics Lab first."

As they were leaving the conference room, Zoe Carter fell into step beside her father. "This is kinda surreal, isn't it. Bet you didn't figure we'd be doing this when we had that accident and were stranded in Eureka - meeting a Gray who just happens to be Thor, the God of Thunder, and preparing for war against Super Aliens from another galaxy, did you?"

During the walk, Jack observed O'Neill chatting amiably with Thor. It was disconcerting, but Jack had known the general for several years, and his sister had a thing for him. O'Neill was a friend. Not as good as Henry was, but a very good friend nonetheless. If O'Neill was friends with Thor, then that was good enough for Jack. But it was still disconcerting.

"You're staring," his wife's voice was just above a whisper, and when he started and looked quickly at her, she continued with the smile still plastered on her face and without moving her lips. "You're staring at Thor. It's not polite." Then she smiled radiantly at him and he knew she found it just as strange as he did.

"Sorry… I…" Jack suddenly found that he didn't have the slightest idea what to say. He finally settled on, "who knows what he finds impolite!" At a very slight shake of Allison's head, coupled with a resolute frown and her staring straight ahead, Jack knew he had once again put his foot in his mouth. He slowly turned his head the other way and looked down… and down. He had to stifle a groan when he found the enormous black eyes looking up at him.