Chapter 11

A/N We do not own any of the franchises represented herein. We are just fans.

Chapter 11

General Samantha Carter did a double take at Mr. Woolsey, but she followed after him as he started toward the control room. "What do you mean, Henry is calling from Destiny?" Her first thought was that this was some sort of joke.

Woolsey answered smoothly. "Just that. We are receiving a signal through the Quantum Teleportation Uplink. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but he is."

Fargo got instantly excited. "That makes sense! The communications stones use a variation of the Quantum Teleportation Uplink. It uses quantum wormholes to link people's minds. In theory, a person could send any type of signal through the communications stone pedestal."

Eli caught Fargo's enthusiasm. "So, I might be able to link my laptop with Atlantis? Or GD?"

"In theory, yes."

"Cool!" Eli said.

They arrived in the control room, and Woolsey moved to the communications console. "Is he patched into communications?"

Wordlessly, the man nodded. Woolsey looked toward the stargate and said, "This is Richard Woolsey speaking."

"This is Henry Deacon, on Destiny. I've been able to activate the ship's communication stone pedestal, and modify it's settings so it will send any structured signal through the quantum wormholes."

"That's incredible, Henry," Sam said.

Eli had a strange look on his face. Fargo nudged him. "Are you ok, Eli?"

"It's just strange hearing my own voice coming from the commlink."

Merlin nodded. "I can well imagine."

"If you can set this frequency to run dedicated communications to Destiny, I can probably start a download of Destiny's computers to Atlantis. It would be invaluable to find out what type of information it has stored. I've also managed to make Destiny's power reserves charge more completely. They were only charging to thirty-two percent capacity before. I think they will get to somewhere around seventy-eight percent now," Henry continued.

Merlin was curious. "So what will that do for Destiny's speed, Henry?

"Seventy-eight percent? That's incredible!" Eli was excited!

"It should increase the speed by about sixty percent," Henry said.

Sam was confused. "I know you had the plans for Destiny in your mind, Henry, but how could you have done something so substantial so quickly?"

"I just knew where the right switches were, Sam. That's all I can tell you."

A little bit later...

Henry and Eli had switched back, and Eli had patched in a laptop to the Atlantis computer network, so he was able to join into the conversation with the group.

"What I'm wondering," Sam said, "is if we could possibly transmit a beaming signal through the pedestals?"

"You mean beam the people on board Destiny back to Earth?" Merlin asked.

"I don't think we could," Fargo responded. "The bandwidth possible from a pedestal is simply not large enough."

"Fargo's right," Henry agreed. "To beam a person through, we'd need…" Henry considered for a moment. "Probably around ten times the volume of space for wormholes."