Chapter 11

Gabriel knocked repeatedly on Sam’s front door until he heard a muffled, “It’s unlocked.” He let himself in and followed Sam’s voice to the bathroom, and let out a low whistle when he laid eyes on Sam. He was half dressed and about to put a red and black plaid button down on.

“Damn, if you get any more ripped you’ll be in two pieces.” He laughed. Sam blushed bright.

 “Get out of my bathroom, Asshat.” Sam shut the door.

 “Well hurry up! It’s not every day I get to sell my paintings to people who have too much money.” Then he paused, “So I was thinking, I had to be invited to this thing, and I never showed anyone but you my pictures…”

 “If you’re insinuating I got you into this, I didn’t.”

 Gabriel shook his head, “No, no. I was just a little confused about it.”

 You either had to be invited, or pay to get into the fair, and it definitely wasn’t cheap to get in. He had thought about not going, but he really needed the money, and if people were willing to pay at least 50 dollars for the paintings, who was he to say no?

 “You ready? We’ve got a bus to catch!”

 “I thought we were gonna take my car.”

 “Nope. Stella already drove to paintings down, and I know a short cut.” Sam emerged from the bathroom, buttoned up and ready. “Seriously though, red is good for you.”

 “Shut up.” He mumbled grabbing his keys off the table.

 Gabriel dragged Sam down the stairs. He was acting like an excited puppy and it took a lot for Sam to not stare at him in adoration.

 “You know, I don’t think I can remember the last time I rode a bus.” Sam said while waiting at the bus stop.

 “Well, some of us aren’t as privileged as you and don’t own a car.”

 “That’s not what I meant!”

 “I know, I’m kidding. I hate riding the bus.” Gabriel admitted.

 “Then why don’t you ask me to drive you places?”

 Gabriel shrugged. “I’ve got two feet and a heartbeat.”

 "Ugh, my uncle used to say that.”

 Gabriel raised an eyebrow. “Do I look like your uncle?”

 Sam cringed, “I hope not. That’d be awkward.”

 “I’m sure it would.” He winked.

 The bus pulled up and they paid for their ride. Despite the strange scent of buffalo sauce and Old Spice, it wasn’t all that bad of an experience. But they were thankful when it didn’t take long for their stop to come.

 “Thank you!” Gabriel exclaimed hopping out of the bus.

 Sam nodded, “Thanks.” He said to the driver before following Gabriel down the street. “Where are you even going?”

 “Remember the shortcut? It’s this way!”

 They cut through three alleys and crossed through a Walmart parking lot until they reached the closed off stretch of street for the art fair.

 “C’mon! I don’t trust Stella with my paintings for this long!”

 “What is it that you want me to do while you show off your pictures?” Sam asked catching up with him.

 “Be your gorgeous self.” Sam’s face flushed bright. “It’s been so easy to make you blush lately. My powers must be getting stronger.”