Chapter 21

**I don't know if you care, or if it truly counts, but there are parks and rec spoilerish things in this**

Gabriel barged through the front door. "Do you want to witness the miracle that is life?"

"What did you do?" Sam asked setting his book down on the couch.

"What do you think I did?"

Sam eyed him carefully, "I don't know. Maybe you had a fling nine months ago, or your sister was having a baby, or maybe you're just being strange like always."

Gabriel laughed, "You're awful calm for someone who thinks I knocked a girl up." Sam shrugged. "Well I didn't do anything. Stella said her rabbit was having babies, and honestly I don't want to see it either, but y'know."

"I'm glad it's just the rabbit."

Gabriel sat on the couch next to him, "Me too." He agreed. "Oh hey, Castiel called and he said that they're throwing my mom a party for her big six-o and they want everyone there. And I know you've never met any of my family besides Cassie, but I'm gonna go. I have to go. D'you wanna come too? Please?"

"I'm really getting the vibes that you don't want to go home alone."

"Shh!" Gabriel put his finger up to Sam's lips, "Don't tell them that."

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to go with you."

After reuniting with Castiel a little over a year ago, the only family Gabriel had really talked with had been their mother. The rest of their family was still kind of touchy, but for their mother's sake they promised not to say anything about his absence, or the fact that he was bringing someone only Castiel had met. There was no doubt it would be awkward, but they'd all inevitably have a few beers and all tension would be let out, positively or negatively Gabriel had no clue, but he honestly didn't care.

The morning before they left they stopped off at Stella's house, giving her the apartment keys before they left. Sam just hoped the only thing missing from their apartment by the time they got back would be the contents of their kitchen.

"You cannot tell me you preferred her with Tom." Sam exclaimed. "There was nothing there, at all."

"He's better than Mark. At least Tom was trying to have fun."

"Next you're gonna tell me you liked Leslie with Dave rather than Ben."

Gabriel scoffed, "Absolutely not! Besides, bringing up Ben is like bringing up Chris."

"He doesn't count right now."

"You would prefer Brendanawicz."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Face it, you are basically the same."

"Oh please." Sam rolled his eyes. "Tell me one thing that's similar."

"I'm sure there's something..." He trailed off.

"Exactly!"

They'd been arguing about Parks and Rec for a third of the ride to St. Louis and there seemed to be no end in sight until they reached a compromise, agreeing they'd finish the conversation when they weren't on a highway filled with other cars.

At almost the exact halfway point in their drive Sam pulled over at a gas station. Gabriel looked at him questioningly. "I've been driving for three hours and now I need to pee."

"No one's stopping you."

When he got back to the car Gabriel was in the driver's seat impatiently tapping the steering wheel. "It's my turn." He exclaimed. A look of panic flashed across Sam's face, not because of the car, but because he couldn't think of a time when he'd ever seen Gabriel drive. "Don't worry. I drive better than Stella does."