Chapter 12

"I'd really like to kiss you." Gabriel muttered. He was quite tipsy but he knew exactly what he was saying. Sam just looked at him, his face absent of all emotion.

"God dammit. See I knew I'd fuck this up. I'd tell you at the wrong time that I think your face is really pretty and you are funny and sweet and caring..." the alcohol was making him ramble on. "But I also hate you because of how perfect your face is, and how confusing you are, and you have a slight temper. Did you know you hold a grudge like a bitch? And I hate how short you make me feel, and how you use your stupid law terms you know I won't understand. I despise how long you keep your hair, and how perfect it looks. I hate how much you care about dogs and how you are basically just a giant puppy. I hate everything about you. 

"I think you should probably go home and leave me in my embarrassing misery because I confessed all of that and you didn't even stop me. Why didn't you stop me?" He groaned. Sam kept staring at Gabriel emotionless.

"Fuck Sam! Say something! I've literally poured my soul out to you. Everything I just said was a lie. I don't hate you! I like you a lot more than I think I'm allowed to. God Sam! Please just say something or leave or smack me. Anything!" He exclaimed desperately.

Gabriel laughed to himself. "Hey maybe you won't remember this. Maybe you are too drunk to even comprehend what I've just said. I might be too drunk to comprehend what I've just said. Hopefully what I think just came out of my mouth was actually just a story about the squirrel I saw last week. That be a lif-"

Sam grabbed Gabriel’s shirt and pulled him close, "Do you want to know what I hate about you?" He asked, their lips barely brushing. Gabriel bit his bottom lip. "You are so cocky, and loud, and bossy, and short. Your paint gets everywhere and you lose everything. You desperately need approval and can't stand the thought of someone hating you even a little bit. You are so blunt and straightforward. And the pout you make when you don't get your way, I think it's your face in general. You should stop being yourself because it annoys me so fucking much." He growled smashing their lips together, kissing Gabriel hungrily. 

Gabriel kissed him back just as rough, getting as much out of it as he could because frankly he was scared it would never happen again. Gabriel pulled away first gasping for breath. Once he could breathe again he asked "How drunk are you?"

Sam shrugged. "Enough."

Gabriel's mood dropped, he was drunk, and he didn't mean it. Sam would go back to being his neighbor because it was a mistake. What hurt worse was Gabriel poured everything out and Sam probably really was telling him all of the things he hated about him.

"I think you should leave." Gabriel said. 

"Leave? But it was just getting good!" Sam whined.

"I said you should leave!" He said louder.

Sam huffed a bit and walked to the front door. "See, you are short and bossy!" He said leaving Gabriel's apartment and walking back to his own. 

Sam wasn't that drunk. Okay, enough to have a serious hangover tomorrow, but not enough he'd forget where he lived. He threw the front door open and slammed it behind him collapsing on the couch, falling asleep instantly.

He woke up to blinding sunlight shining in from the back door, and promptly fell off the couch. He clutched his pounding head and went straight to the bathroom where he downed several pain killers. He couldn't remember much, just getting drunk with Gabriel and that he listened to Gabriel talk for a really long time. He only wished he had a clue what Gabriel had said.

He glanced out the back door and noticed Gabriel sitting on one of the patio chairs, his fingers on his lips, thinking about something. Sam stepped onto the porch and Gabriel looked up, pulling his hand away from his mouth quickly.