Chapter 17

In the middle of the work day, Sam got a phone call from a very pissed off Stella. And the next thing he knew he was at the hospital searching for his boyfriend.

"What the hell did you even do?" Sam asked walking into the room they had him in.

"I didn't do anything. Teaches me to be nice. Ugh." He scowled. "That new guy brought some of his works to the gallery, like I told you, and I was helping him unload an almost 150 pound sculpture from the back of his truck when he stopped in the middle and said he had to get something from his truck, and the next thing I know the car lurches forward, rear ending Stella's car, and dropping the fucking thing on my arm."

"So it's broken?"

Gabriel looked at him disconcertedly, "A one-hundred fifty pound sculpture landed on my arm, Sammy. Yes, it's broken, shattered actually, and they only gave me 5 milligrams of morphine. I still can't move my arm, and it hurts like a bitch."

"Well, where's the doctor?"

"Waiting for me to say yes. I forgot to mention that he said I needed surgery, a metal plates and screws at the top and bottom of my ulna. I was waiting for you to get here before I agreed to the stupid surgery."

Gabriel was quite bitter, but it was understandable. It'd been half an hour since he'd called Sam, and almost an hour since he'd initially broken his arm. He didn't want to complain more than he had to, but damn, he really wanted to cry, or sleep, it didn't matter which.

Sam watched him worriedly, upset that he was unable to actually help more than being there, and even that felt like it was nothing. "Is there really nothing else they can do?"

Rubbing his eyes tiredly with his free hand, Gabriel barely turned his head to face him, "No, the bone moved too much, I don't know."

The next time the nurse came into the room Gabriel spoke up, "I'll do it. The surgery I mean. It's not like I have any other choice really."

She smiled, "Of course, I'll tell the doctor."

"I love you." Sam said kissing him lightly.

"It's just my arm."

"That doesn't mean I love you any less."

"I love you too." Gabriel smiled, then grabbed Sam's shirt with his free hand. "If you even think about recording me coming out of anesthesia, I will cut your dick off."

"You ruined a perfectly nice moment."

"I think I'm allowed." He said before Sam was ushered out into the waiting room where he spent almost two hours worried and bored out of his mind.

@@@

"It's you!" Gabriel exclaimed.

"It is me."

"You weren't here, now you are." He said wiggling the fingers on his free hand, "Magic." He whispered.

Sam laughed, "I'm fairly certain I was here the whole time."

"No. I woulda rmem- rememem," he scrunched his nose, "Remembered."

"I distinctly remember you threatening to cut my dick off."

Gabriel squinted his eyes, "I would." he stated, "Go do magic somewhere else. I'm tired."

"Alright, we need to check your reflexes," The doctor said, "We're not going to move your arm until the eight weeks are up but we want to make sure there was no nerve damage. So can you move your fingers?" Gabriel moved his index and middle finger. "All of your fingers."