Chapter 19

Sam shouldn't have been laughing. He really didn't want to be laughing, he just couldn't help it. He'd fallen in love with an idiot. To be completely honest he should have been pissed, but the whole thing was hilarious.

@@@

"I need you to come bail me out." Dean said the second Gabriel answered the phone.

"What?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know you're the last person I expected to call too, but I need you to bail me out. I've got the cash, I mean, you'd need to get it from Cas, but I'd appreciate it man."

"Alright, supposed I say yes, how do you expect me to get all the way out there?"

Dean sighed, "I don't know, but I can't ask Sam and Cas is about to leave on a work trip. Look they're not giving me another call and if you don't do it no one else will."

"Why are you even in jail?"

"That doesn't matter."

"Oh, but it does, Dean-o."

"I didn't do anything, except forget to pay like eight parking tickets." he said sheepishly.

"Wow! You're such a criminal!" Gabriel laughed.

"Shut up. Would you just get your ass out here and bail me out?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just gimme a little few hours. You're not exactly close."

"Thank you."

Gabriel paced for a minute trying to figure out where he could produce a car in the next twenty minutes. Dean didn't want Sam involved and he was the only one with a car, besides Stella and he highly doubted she would let him borrow it, but it was worth a shot.

"What do you want?"

"You, me, road trip." Gabriel stated.

"You, me, staying here." She replied.

"I need to borrow your car then."

"No."

"Stella please! It's just a few hours out west. You'll have it back by tomorrow, thursday at the latest."

"Borrow Sam's car."

"Please? You can come with me. I have to bail someone out of jail, and I'm not exactly about to take the bus half a state over. I'll buy you food."

"You make such compelling arguments. When are we leaving?"

"Now?"

"You're lucky I like you."

Gabriel grinned, "You're the best!"

"I know."

Scrawling out a quick note and leaving it on the kitchen table, Gabriel left and locked the front door behind him.

The trip was going along fine until halfway there when on the highway a police car pulled up behind them with the sirens going.

"Oh my God!" Stella exclaimed. "I'm not doing anything wrong!"

"Just pull over. It can't be that bad." Gabriel said.

The color drained from Stella's face, "I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"The breaks aren't working! It won't even move. Holy Jesus, how do I stop the car?"