Confrontation

When [Name] was left alone, rain started to fall, and she hurriedly scanned the area around her to find Tatsuo before the rain poured in bigger amounts of water.

"Tatsuo-kun, wait!" called out [Name] as she ran to catch up with him.

"What's wrong, [Name]? I thought you were going to go see a medical-nin with Izuna-sama." said Tatsuo as he turned around to face her with a confused look on his face.

"That's not important, I need to talk to you about something first. Can we go somewhere private?" she inquired.

Tatsuo hesitated for a moment before he decided to give in. "Yes, I know of a place where we can go. Follow me,"

At his home, Tatsuo brought a glass of water to [Name] and then sat down on a nearby chair. [Name] took a sip of the icy cold water and it calmed down her coughs for awhile. 

"So what did you want to talk about?" asked a nervous Tatsuo.

[Name] placed the glass of water on the table in front of her and breathed deeply before she began.

"I wanted to talk to you about that girl you met in the forest six years ago. This might sound a little crazy, but I think I know who she is too."

"Huh? How?" questioned Tatsuo as he leaned forward in his chair to hear her more clearly.

[Name] gulped and toyed with her necklace. "The girl you met six years ago...I think it was me because I met a boy in the forest six years ago too. Yesterday, you told me that you stopped coming to your meeting place with that girl because of your father's death. The boy that I met in the forest disappeared on me without saying a goodbye. He had spiky hair just like you, and his personality was similar to yours. I believe that you were the boy I met in the forest, Tatsuo-kun, and that makes me the girl that you met in the forest, too."

Tatsuo quietly stared at [Name] in shock and bewilderment. He ran his fingers through his messy hair and closed his eyes in distress. Tatsuo never thought that his past would catch up to him and his present.

"[Name], I don't know what to say. How is this even relevant to someone like you?"

"It's relevant because I've been searching for that boy for six years! And now I've found him, we were reunited through fate!" she replied as she clenched onto Izuna's black cloak. 

"No, you don't understand. How is it relevant to a married woman like you? You're married to Izuna-sama, and I will not interfere with your marriage. I can see where this is going." he retorted.

"Ugh, look. I just wanted to find some closure for myself. I've been searching for you for six years, and I even fell in love with you at first sight! I have vowed to myself that I would find you, and I knew from the beginning-"

"No, stop. Please don't say anymore, [Name]. Don't say such things like that, it's disrespectful to Izuna-sama!" interrupted Tatsuo as he looked away in frustration. 

"Why are you closing me out, Tatsuo-kun? I'm just trying to tie all the loose ends together!" shouted [Name].

"You mean well, [Name], but I cannot have the wife of Izuna-sama confess her hidden feelings to me. It's not right." he replied as he stood up from his seat and headed for the kitchen.

"So you're telling me to act as though my feelings for you don't exist?" taunted [Name].

Tatsuo stopped in his tracks and looked back at [Name] with a dejected smile. "If we were born as different people, then maybe things would've been different."

[Name] suddenly felt a tear slip from her eye and her lips quivered. "Tatsuo-kun...are you saying that you had feelings for me too?"

Tatsuo shook his head sadly and gazed into her [eye color] eyes. "I never loved you like that, [Name]." he lied, "My clan comes first before anything else. I'm willing to sacrifice my needs or wants for the happiness of others such as Izuna-sama."

"Why would you do that? You should learn to love yourself more, Tatsuo-kun!" [Name] cried with more tears spilling down her face.

Tatsuo walked up to [Name] and gently wiped away her tears. "Forgive me, [Name]-sama. I deeply appreciate the fact that you've searched for me for six years but with the situation that we are both in, we must move on without looking back. Thank you for loving someone like me, [Name]-sama."

Surprised by his formal use of addressing her and and angered by his denial, [Name] firmly slapped Tatsuo's hand away from her and dashed out of his house. Once she was outside, she met the frigid rain and the world looked blurry and wet too. Not wanting Tatsuo to chase after her, [Name] made a run for it in the pouring rain.

"Why? Why am I such a fool for falling for someone like him?! Why did he just let go of his feelings for me so easily like that?! Why did things have to end like this?!" pondered [Name] as she felt her breath fall short.

Soon, [Name] found it harder to breathe, and she tightly held onto Izuna's cloak. She was hyperventilating rapidly and the coldness from the rain didn't make the situation any better. Still feeling weak from the chakra-absorbing chains of Raito, [Name] collapsed onto her knees and slammed into the hard and wet ground, panting for air.

An Uchiha maid spotted her from the distance and screamed for help from the others. When they reached [Name]'s side, she was shivering and hyperventilating at an unusual rate.

"Quick! Take her inside and someone needs to contact Izuna-sama as soon as possible!" shouted one of the maids.

"I'm on it!" replied another.

From the shadows, Misaki watched from her bedroom window and frowned at the sight in front of her. 

"Why is that outsider running around in the pouring rain with only a long-sleeved cotton dress and a black cloak? Has she gone mad?" thought Misaki as she crossed her arms in disapproval. 

Misaki turned away from the window and touched a small photograph of Izuna on her desk. She smiled lovingly at it and stroked its frame. 

"I'll find ways to show you that I'm the one who truly loves you, my dear Izuna-sama..." she cooed.

A few hours later, [Name] woke up and felt overwhelmingly hot underneath a tremendous amount of blankets. It was dark and the only source of light came from a lighted up lantern. 

"Oh, you're awake now..." said Izuna who sat near [Name] with his legs criss-crossed.

[Name] looked up to find a solemn Izuna staring down at her,  and she buried herself even deeper into the blankets. She felt ashamed of herself for having hidden feelings for Tatsuo despite the fact that she was married.

Izuna reached out to remove the wet cloth on her forehead and brushed her bangs away too.

"I'll go get you a new wet cloth. Do you want something to eat or drink?" he asked.

"No thank you. I feel a little sick now..." murmured [Name].

Izuna dipped the cloth into a bucket of cold water and squeezed out the extra water. He then placed it on [Name]'s forehead. 

"Care to explain to me why the maids found you hyperventilating on the ground in the pouring rain?" he inquired with a quirked eyebrow.

[Name] gasped and cringed at the memory of it. "I don't want to talk about..." she answered with a sigh slipping from her lips.

Izuna started to become suspicious and crossed his arms in displeasure. "[Name], I'm your husband. Won't you tell me what happened between you and Tatsuo-san?"

[Name] shook her head and stared up at the ceiling to avoid Izuna's eyes. "I'll tell you one day when I'm ready. For now, don't ask me about it."

Gritting his teeth, Izuna mumbled "fine" and stood up from his spot. Fearing that he would leave her, [Name] swiftly grabbed his arm, causing Izuna to glance at her once again.

"Wait, please don't leave my side, Izuna..." mumbled [Name] with the blankets covering half of her face. 

Izuna chuckled softly at this and sat right back down on his spot. "Honestly, you are one special case, Uchiha [Name]-san." he teased.

[Name] blushed from the sound of Izuna's warm voice and she slipped her fingers into his. "Can you stay with me for awhile until I go back to sleep? I really need you..."

"I'll only stay on one condition." he stated with a grin.

"What?"

"Give me the most passionate and lustful kiss in the world." he said with a devilish smirk.

"Eh?! Never mind, I don't need you now! Go away!" shouted [Name] as she kicked him away with her feet, removing the blankets in the process.

Izuna activated his crimson-colored Sharingan and managed to catch and hold onto one of [Name]'s ankles with his hand. He held onto her other leg with his free hand and placed his cheek near her knee and inner thigh.

"You're so cruel, [Name]-chan~. We could have shared a kiss in the rain, but here you are stuck in bed with a sickness. You should at least be kind enough to give me a kiss as payment for my company." he said as he gazed into [Name]'s puzzled eyes.

"Ack! Izuna, you closet pervert! Let me go!" she shouted.

Izuna merely smiled at [Name]'s reactions as she tried to kick him away, and he seductively licked her inner thigh. "Won't you enjoy my company for a bit?"

"Not like this! Stop messing around with me!" replied [Name] with a shaky voice.

"I'm not messing around with you. Think of this as your punishment for getting into more trouble today. You tend to disobey my commands and whenever I let you loose to go do something, I end up untangling you from your sticky situations." he said as he placed a kiss on her inner thigh. 

"Nngh, I'm sorry Izuna...I'm really sorry...I'll take any other punishment, but please not like this..." said [Name] as she hiccuped with tears sliding down her cheeks. She wasn't emotionally or mentally prepared for things like this, and it scared her greatly too. 

Izuna noticed the sincerity in her apology and the frightful look in her eyes. He let go of her ankle and leg, and hugged her tightly on top of the futon instead.

"Don't cry like that, [Name]...whenever you cry, it makes me feel horrible..." murmured Izuna who was hiding his embarrassed face into [Name]'s neck.

For a long time, Izuna comforted [Name] until she stopped crying, and he disinfected her tears with his sweet butterfly kisses. He also promised to wait for her until she was ready to give herself to him, and this released a heavy weight on her shoulders.

As he stroked [Name]'s hair to put her to sleep, Izuna released a sigh and wondered how his future with [Name] would be like.

"Even I have some secrets of my own to share with you, [Name]..." he muttered before kissing her lightly on her pink lips.

End of Chapter 7