Izuna's Secret

[Name] was laying restlessly on the futon as Izuna was taking care of some important paperwork for Madara at his desk. It's been days since her incident with Tatsuo, and [Name] had fallen ill due to the freezing rain. Carefully using her arms to lift herself up, [Name] groaned and saw the room spinning rapidly before her. It quickly made her dizzy, and she fell back onto the futon with a loud "thump!". Alarmed by the loud thump, Izuna pivoted his head around and sighed as his wife rolled off the futon to meet the mats on the floor. 

"[Name], what do you need? I'll get anything for you, just tell me what you want." 

"I don't need anything, my head just hurts. The medicine that the maids gave me earlier only made me even more sick. I can't even get up properly." she replied as she closed her eyes to meet the calm and still darkness. 

Izuna stood up from his seat and gently lifted her off the floor to place her back on their futon. His eyes scanned over the yellow-healing love marks on [Name]'s neck and he smiled to himself quietly before taking his leave.

"Where are you going?" asked [Name] with her arm over her eyes.

"I'll be back soon. In the meantime, just be a good girl and stay here to rest some more." he replied before he closed the door to his room.

Izuna walked quickly down the halls and corridors of the Uchiha higher-ups' quarters with a determined look on his face.  He wanted to ask Tatsuo about [Name] and the things that he said to her on that fateful day. [Name] refused to tell Izuna everything about it, so Izuna finally decided to take matters into his own hands. He wanted to find out the truth behind everything that occurred between Tatsuo and [Name].  

As he stepped out of the hall and into the open, Izuna spotted Tatsuo drinking a cup of tea on a wooden bench by the training grounds. With his arms folded across his chest and his eyes narrowed, Izuna made his way towards his prey. 

"You seem to be enjoying yourself today." remarked Izuna with a dark chuckle.

Tatsuo felt shivers run down his body and he hesitantly turned his head to face the young and ominous Uchiha. "Yes, I am. Is there something that you need, Izuna-sama?"

Izuna nodded and and beckoned for Tatsuo to follow him. With a deep breath, Tatsuo nervously set his tea down and followed Izuna in fear. There was no escape now.

In a private meeting room of the Uchiha's, Tatsuo sat on his knees to face the silent raven-haired man in front of him. Izuna sat opposite of him and felt his veins pulsing with perseverance. He would find out everything about Tatsuo's meeting with [Name] even if he had to torture Tatsuo.

"On the day I allowed [Name] to go talk to you privately, what did you two talk about? And why was she found on the ground by the maids in the pouring rain, hyperventilating?" inquired Izuna with a calm and composed stature. 

Tatsuo looked down in shame of his actions and he closed his eyes to avoid Izuna's dagger eyes.

"[Name]-sama wanted to tell me about her meeting with a boy she met in the forest six years ago. She believed that it was me because I had told her about a girl I met in the forest six years ago too. I later discovered that she held feelings for that boy, and I was afraid that she would confess to me despite the fact that she was married to you. I thanked her for loving someone pitiable like me, but I might have hurt her feelings in the process. I am deeply sorry, Izuna-sama. I should have ran after her even though it was raining. I am willing to take any form of punishment from you."

Izuna remained silent and stared at Tatsuo in bewilderment. Tatsuo anxiously waited for Izuna to say something, but nothing came out of Izuna's mouth. It was as though time had stopped. After a few minutes of silence, Izuna ran his fingers through his bangs and hair, and chuckled to himself. 

"I-Izuna-sama? Did I say something out of place?" asked Tatsuo with a nervous smile.

Izuna merely glanced at the confused man and shook his head. "No. Actually, the events that you just told me are not connected with each other at all."

" Huh? What do you mean? Have you gone mad, Izuna-sama? Everything I have told you was the truth." said Tatsuo.

"No, you see, I believe that the girl you met in the forest six years ago wasn't [Name] at all." he replied with a happy grin.

"Izuna-sama, please, this issue cannot turn into a delusion. You must face the reality of it it." pleaded Tatsuo.

Izuna got up from his seat and headed for the door. "I am facing the reality of it. If anything, you and my wife are the delusional ones. I'll reveal the truth to her instead and maybe one day she can tell you about it."

And with that, Izuna left an astonished Tatsuo alone to ponder about the meaning behind his words. With a pleasant smile on his face, Izuna decided to return to his room to reveal his secret to [Name].

Once he entered his room, Izuna found [Name] resting her head on the windowsill. She was watching a few children play in a garden near the training grounds, and the warm sun touched her cold and pale skin. Izuna silently crept up to [Name] and snaked his arms around her waist. He slowly buried his face into her neck, intoxicating himself by inhaling her delightful scent. 

"Ah, you're back already?" she asked in her sweet voice.

"Mhmm." he replied as he rested his head on her shoulder to watch the nearby children too.

"Where did you go?" she inquired as she waved at one of the children.

"Nowhere. I just wanted to get some fresh air. But there's something I've been meaning to tell you, [Name]." he declared.

"What is it?"

Izuna pulled [Name] away from the window and spun her around so that she would face him. With both of his hands on her shoulders, Izuna leaned in closer to her face and activated his unique Mangekyou Sharingan, something that [Name] had never seen before. 

"I will show you a memory of mine from six years ago and it will explain everything to you. It will even explain the reason why I chose you out of all of your other sisters." he said before [Name] had a chance to say anything else.

In Izuna's memory, [Name] found herself in the same forest where she met the love of her life. She quickly noted that it wasn't a genjutsu from Izuna, and she continued to walk among the plentiful trees until she saw a younger version of herself sitting down behind a tall oak tree. From the distance, she spotted a young boy with spiky hair walking up to her younger self with a huge smile on his face.

"Why are you sleeping in a place like this? It's not safe, you know." he said with a laughter that evidently brought a smile upon the younger version of [Name].

"This scene is just like the dream I had... so that boy is..." murmured [Name] as she continued to watch the two young ninjas interact and introduce themselves to each other.

"My name is Izuna. You have a really pretty name, [Name]-chan. Is it alright if I call you that?" the young Izuna asked.

The younger version of [Name] nodded and they cheerfully ran off into a nearby meadow filled with wild flowers, leaving the present [Name] with her jaw dropped to the floor. Izuna? As in Izuna Uchiha?

After everything that she went through, the boy she met in the forest wasn't Tatsuo at all. It was her very own husband, Izuna Uchiha. Suddenly, [Name]'s surroundings started to fade out, and she came back to reality with a new sense and mind.

[Name] found herself back in her room with Izuna holding her closely to him. She looked up at him in surprise and he gave her his friendly signature smile. [Name] unconsciously raised both of her hands to cup Izuna's cheeks and she gazed into his dark yet warm black orbs.  

"So you were that boy I met in the forest six years ago? This whole time, I thought it was Tatsuo-kun..." she said in a shaky voice.

Izuna nodded and closed his eyes as he felt [Name]'s fingers delicately caress his cheeks. He was glad that he revealed the truth to her, otherwise she would've never known. It relieved him from his anxiety and worries for their future.

[Name] couldn't believe it. The boy that she was searching for was right in front of her ever since she was forced into her arranged marriage with Izuna. She originally hated the marriage, but with the real truth from Izuna, [Name] finally found her true closure. In their moment of peaceful silence, [Name] heard her mother's voice ringing in her ears.

"No, not every marriage is perfect, you know. Every couple has their own little fights and quarrels here and there, but it gets better once they make up. However, you will find happiness with Izuna-sama, I'm sure of it."

"Happiness huh... you were right Mother. In the end, I did find happiness in my marriage... and I'm thankful that it was with the boy from the forest too... Izuna..." thought [Name] as she tip-toed on her feet to peck Izuna's lips.

"So now you know everything, [Name]. I should have told you on our first night together, but I wanted to see how long it would take you to figure it all out. I guess you went further on with the distance than what I originally expected." he said as he trapped her in his arms with a long hug.

"Izuna, all my life I've been searching for that boy and I even vowed to find him after the war was over. But it's so crazy that I would find myself in an arranged marriage with him after six years! Why did you stop coming to our meeting place? You didn't even tell me a goodbye..." she lamented.

Izuna lifted her chin with his finger and bumped his forehead against her's. "My brother was secretly meeting with a boy from the Senju clan, and after my father and I discovered him with that Senju boy, our father didn't want us to sneak away from the clan's premises anymore. I'm sorry for leaving without a word, but I promise to always be with you, [Name]. You were the only girl I ever laid my eyes on and I will never be able to leave you alone. It drives me insane when I see you with someone else other than me. You're everything that I want and need in my life."

As [Name] rested her hands on Izuna's chest, Izuna drew her in to an ardent and sensual kiss. They met each other's lips in one heated kiss after another, until Izuna pulled away from their session and carried a dazed [Name] away to their futon. 

He laid her gently down on the futon and wanted to ravish [Name] with more kisses and touches until [Name] gasped. 

"W-Wait! I'm still sick, and I don't want you to catch my illness. We should probably wait until I feel better." she declared with a light blush on her cheeks.

Izuna was irritated at first but then it hit him. With a devilish smirk, he came closer to [Name]'s face and touched her nose with his own.

"No, if I get sick because of you, it will be worth it. Tonight, I just want to make you mine. I want your everything, [Name]." he purred.

[Name] blushed even deeper than before but she was still worried. "But I'm scared! It's my first time and-"

Izuna brought a finger to her lips to hush her. "I never break my promises, especially to you. I promise to be gentle with you since it's your first time. That was my first intention for you, anyways. So what do you say? May I continue, Uchiha [Name]-chan?" 

[Name] hesitated for a moment but then relaxed herself by taking one large breath and releasing it. To Izuna's surprise, [Name] shyly wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him into another desiring kiss. 

That night, Izuna made love to his one and only soulmate. And to him, it was the best decision he had ever made.

End of Chapter 8