Betrayal

[Name] stirred from her deep sleep and felt an arm draped around her waist. Her eyes met the soft lights of dawn and she yawned softly to not disturb her sleeping lover. Quietly, she shifted her body to meet Izuna's chest and kissed his visible collar bone. Even though the world was cruel, life seemed perfect for a moment. 

As she laid her hands on his broad chest, [Name] noticed something shiny on her right wrist. Her eyes widened in confusion and awe as she looked closer at the silver chain bracelet with intricate flower charms dangling from it.

"This bracelet...where did it come from?" murmured [Name] as she continued to study it.

"Do you like it?"

[Name] gasped at the sound of Izuna's sleepy voice and she looked up to meet his calm eyes. Izuna smiled down at her and pushed aside a few strands of her hair past her bare shoulders.

[Name] glanced back at the bracelet and a small smile appeared on her face. "Yes, it's very beautiful. But it looks so expensive, I'm afraid of losing it..."

Izuna reached out for her wrist and rotated it so that [Name] could see a small metal plate attached to the silver chain. In bold kanji letters, [Name] read the word "Izuna", and she giggled. 

"Is that why you were so persistent in seducing me yesterday?" she asked teasingly.

"Possibly," he answered with a smirk.

[Name] laughed at this and scooted upwards to kiss his bottom lip. "Thank you, Izuna. I'll treasure it, always. But I don't remember you putting this on me. I'm a light sleeper, I would've felt you lift my wrist."

"You were awake for a moment when I put the bracelet on you. You probably didn't remember though." he responded as he inspected the bracelet again.

"Impossible, I would've remembered."

"You were extremely exhausted, [Name]. Before we went to sleep, I remember asking you if you would spend an eternity with me, and you mumbled a yes before surrendering yourself to sleep." he remarked with a slight grin.

[Name]'s cheeks turned pink and she raised her eyebrows in embarrassment. "Eh? I don't remember any of that. You're probably messing around with me again like always..."

Izuna cupped her cheek and leaned in closer to her face, his lips almost touching [Name]'s. "Don't you trust me, at all?"

"To a certain extent, yes." she replied with hesitation.

The romantic look in Izuna's eyes suddenly disappeared and he got up from the futon to get ready for the day. [Name] bit her lip in regret and mentally scolded herself. They've been married for months now, but how could she just give him an answer like that?

After Izuna kissed her forehead and left the room, [Name] let out a sigh and gathered her weapon bags. It's been awhile since she held class with the Uchiha children.

"Thank you for all of your hard work today! Please remember to practice your taijutsu this week, as well!" yelled out [Name].

The Uchiha children responded with a "Yes, [Name]-sensei!" and ran off to meet their waiting parents. Tatsuo quietly approached [Name] from behind with a special treat for her.

"For the lovely and inspirational sensei." he said as he stood by her side and offered the bag to her with a warm smile.

[Name] returned the smile and graciously thanked him for the sweet treat. After Tatsuo discovered that Izuna was the boy in the forest that [Name] had originally met, he decided to lock away his previous feelings for her and pursue a friendship instead.

"You could have asked me to fill in for Izuna-sama. I would make a decent sensei too." he teased.

"I thought you were busy today, so I didn't send a maid after you. But it's alright, I was able to manage them myself."

"Where is your husband? Is he still in that meeting?"

"I believe so. I wouldn't be surprised if he came home late tonight. Those meetings are ridiculously long." remarked [Name].

Before Tatsuo could add in his own opinion, he noticed [Name] staring at something from a distance. Tatsuo looked towards the same direction and immediately saw a smiling Misaki with a cheerful Izuna. Izuna was laughing at a joke that Misaki told him, and Misaki was grinning with success.

"Those two...since when did they start to attend meetings together?" asked Tatsuo.

[Name] remained silent and continued to watch them. Inside her heart, she felt a wave of jealousy fill the contents of it. 

"I don't know. I didn't even know Misaki could attend those private meetings..." she replied in a nonchalant tone.

"I don't think Izuna-sama will ever leave you for another woman, [Name]. Don't worry about it." Tatsuo said in hopes of reassuring [Name].

"You're right, but I should leave now. I have to check in with Aniue-sama and give him a report about today's lesson. Goodbye, Tatsuo-kun."  

[Name] waved  goodbye to Tatsuo and then ran off in the direction of Madara's office. 

As she ran down the corridors of the higher-ups, Konami and Umiko stopped her to have a word with her. They had worried expressions on their faces, and they kept on looking around as though someone would hear them. 

"[Name]-sama, we do not mean to frighten or worry you, but we have heard of some rumors circulating around the maids. We are unsure if it's true or not, but we felt as though we should inform you." whispered Konami.

"Well, what are the rumors?" asked [Name].

Umiko gulped and sheepishly touched her white skirt. "Y-You see, we have heard that Izuna-sama is having an affair with someone..."

[Name] chuckled lightly and shook her head. "Impossible, I would know if he's having one or not. Please dismiss these ludicrous rumors."

"Wait, but we have these assumptions since Izuna-sama has mysteriously return to your room late at night even though the meetings have ended hours ago. One of the maids have said that she spotted him with a woman with ebony-colored hair one evening, too."

[Name]'s eyes widened in surprise and she felt her heart race. "S-She must have been tired, it might have been someone else-"

"[Name]-sama, although these may be false rumors, they can also be true as well. We just want to inform you of these rumors to save you from embarrassment." stated Umiko. 

[Name] stepped back from the two maids and clenched onto her chest. Something made her feet move, and she dashed away from Umiko and Konami, forgetting about her report to Madara. Her heart was beating faster than ever, and her stomach felt sick. Something wasn't right, and she wanted to find Izuna to clarify things with him quickly. 

Down the halls of the smaller meeting rooms, [Name] stopped in her tracks after hearing a familiar voice giggle playfully. Slowly, she pressed an ear against the shoji screen door and listened in to the conversation.

"Izuna-sama, can you help me out with this? It has been bothering me since this morning." complained a female voice.

[Name] heard Izuna chuckle and he agreed to do so. "It can't be...is he really...?" whispered [Name].

"Fufufu...now then, we shall begin~" cooed the female voice.

Without thinking, [Name] instantly slid the door open and entered the room, her face apparent with the greatest fear. In the middle of the room, [Name] spotted Misaki with her blue kimono slightly past her shoulders and Izuna facing her. Time had suddenly stopped, and [Name] knew that it wasn't a genjutsu of some sort. It was all a part of her reality.

"Izuna...you..." [Name] said breathlessly as she felt her bracelet's charms brush against her clenched fist. 

“No...You couldn't have betrayed me like this...”

End of Chapter 13