Reconciliation

[Name]'s eyes lingered over to the waters of the river and she sat with her knees to her chest. She was quietly listening to whatever Izuna had to say, since she had lost to their fight.

"When I attended the meeting yesterday, I didn't realize that Misaki would be there. I always knew that she had feelings for me, but I never reciprocated it."

"Why?" [Name] asked. She was slightly curious to this since Misaki had always been around Izuna. Her good looks and skills as a kunoichi would have made her a difficult rejection to men too.

Izuna shot [Name] a warm smile and his eyes glimmered with the sunlight. 

"I couldn't have fallen for her or anyone else. You took my heart and disappeared with it for years, [Name]. It took me so long to find you, and I would have been devastated if I had found you married off to someone else."

"Then why were you alone with her in that small meeting room? I remember clearly what I saw, you know."

With a sigh escaping from his lips, Izuna ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"While we were waiting for one of the elders to come talk to us, Misaki asked me to help her fix her obi sash since it was loosening her kimono. I'm not sure how she managed to get her sleeves past her shoulders, but I promise you that I didn't see any of her female features. I was just trying to help her adjust her sash, and I had no intentions of doing anything with her."

[Name] bit her lip and laid both of her hands beside her on the sand. Something in her heart told her that Izuna was telling the truth. He wouldn't have had that battle with her if he didn't care about what would happen to their marriage.

"So then all this time, I was completely wrong about you and Misaki..." she murmured quietly to herself. 

Izuna nodded and reached out to caress a lock of her hair, but [Name] flinched at his touch and scooted away from him. She then got up and patted the sand off of her skirt and leggings, as a tint of red dusted her cheeks. It was obvious that she was embarrassed of herself for acting like such a fool when she was usually an intelligent thinker.

"Umm... if you will excuse me, I have something to do back at the compound." she declared before taking her leave.

Izuna immediately stood up as well, and ran after a speed-walking and flustering [Name]. Just when he thought he had her, she was running away and distancing herself from him again.

"[Name], wait!" he shouted. Izuna quickly caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, towering over her and vowing to never let her go.

[Name] froze in her place and her breath hitched. She felt terrible for giving Izuna the cold shoulder without hearing him out in the first place, and it made her uncomfortable that he was holding her so closely to him. 

"Izuna, please-"

"No! I'm not letting you go anymore. I've always chased after you every time you decided to run away from me, so this time won't be different from the others!"

"I am completely embarrassed of myself, and I truly don't deserve your love. So please spare me from this embarrassment and let me go!" 

"Embarrassment? [Name], you have only misunderstood the situation, there's nothing to be embarrassed about!"

"I am truly a terrible person and wife, just save yourself from my idiotic actions before-"

Izuna spun [Name] around before she could say another word, and pulled her into a deep embrace. When he did this, [Name] panicked and desperately tried to pull herself away from his arms.