Chapter Fifteen- Old Secrets and Tombstones

Previously on You're Back...

"I want Damon Queen to go down so hard he will never be able to get up. I want it all out into the world, everything he's done, everyone he got rid of, I want it all in the public eye and watch how his companies crumble down one after another, until he's nothing left but a criminal and a fake. I want everyone to stop loving him!"

"And remind me why am I doing this again?" I thought I was gonna lose my patience with her.

"Because, my dear, beautiful Rachel, we have a common enemy. Somebody who betrayed you, dumped you, cheated on you, and threw you away like trash after years of love. And in the end, when he'll be lonely and with no roof over his head, I'm sure he'll come back to you, like a whining puppy, if you'll still want him then, of course." An answer, that seemed to please her beyond words.

...

Natalie woke up to no missed calls or messages. She laid in bed, staring at her ceiling and thought about Damon. His emerald eyes and dark hair, the way he looked at her. Nobody ever looked at her like that. But she knew, seeing no notifications, that it was over. Any and every chance they ever had, was over. He no longer wanted her.

She thought of everything that happened between them, to her, to him, and realized that maybe it was better this way. She was glad she wasn't the one to make the choice. Now, laying there with an empty feeling in her chest, she felt lonely. She wanted to feel something- preferably the warm sun of Santorini on her skin. That was the place she really felt warm.

Something in her told her to not give up and keep pushing, to try and at least go see him one more time. For losing someone like him forever and permanently was a heartbreaking thought. Natalie got out of bed and got dressed. She had to be in one place for sure- work.

But Natalie never made it to work- for the moment she stepped out of her apartment, all she saw was black.

...

Damon got ready for work, and kissed Rachel goodbye as he left. He took his coffee to go and walked to his car. His chauffeur opened the door for him, and he was off to his company. He also was in a bad mood today, thinking about a certain someone too much. Right person, wrong time? No, he knew it in him that she would always be right for him no matter the time. Always, probably then.

He was so lost in his thoughts he barely noticed his ringing phone. Unknown number. He picked it up. A rusty and harsh voice said on the other side, "Good morning, Mr Queen. I hope you enjoyed your morning today for its about to go quite downhill. Let us play a game." Damon frowned, "Who is this?" but the voice interrupted, "Let me ask the questions here. A game yes, no, a riddle. Let's see, if you guess the right name, you'll win one hour. The name starts with an N, and ends with an E. It belongs to a girl who should've stayed dead."

Damon immediately rose up in his seat. His heartbeat fastened. "Who the hell are you?!"

"The advantage of holding a hostage is getting to make the rules and ask the questions, so listen closely. You have one hour to get to the place where your career started, or the girl will finally meet her fate. Buried in the ground, somewhere you'll never find her. And do know I am listening to every word you say, and every move you make. You tell someone, she dies, you bring someone, she dies, you know the drill. One hour and counting."

"I will make you regret being born, asshole. Where are you keeping her?!"

"You should listen more closely. The place where your career started. Have fun playing someone else's game for once, dick." And then, the call ended. Damon's eyes were wide and he imagined one person after another, all possible suspects or enemies. The list was too long and vague. He couldn't think straight, for all went through his head was Natalie. Natalie, Natalie.