Chapter Fourteen- Love and Hatred

Previously on You're Back...

Natalie

I keep fighting my fear, my fear to trust him because what if he'll just go back to the way he was all these years ago? And what if we'll fall back into the same toxic pattern and we'll destroy each other even further? But then, what if I could finally admit to myself that no matter how much he would hurt me, I'd always run back to him and still love him? Because that's what I do, and it's gotta mean something. Sometimes giving people a second chance is like giving him the knife back with which they already stabbed you with, but sometimes it could be a chance to finally appreciate and love all you took for granted. And here I am, laying on my bed, wondering, thinking, fighting with myself about what I want, what I need, and what I feel.

Sure, I can run to Greece and I can run to California, I can pack my bags and go somewhere where I would never see him again, but I won't. I always find myself right beside him.

I picked up my phone and called him.

Damon

"And I know that you have feelings for me too, otherwise you'd have never proposed to me in the first place. Please just leave Natalie in the past, just like she should've been. Let's move on with our lives, Damon. Let's move on together. Please."

I got lost in her words, and I knew that a few weeks ago I was ready to spend the rest of my life with Rachel. Natalie just became this painful thought that i couldn't let go of. But Rachel was always there for me, and it's not like I had any chance with Natalie.

I pulled Rachel close and I kissed her.

...

'Have you worked it out yet?' I asked her.

"Worked out what?" 

"Don't act stupid. If we both want to get away with it we need it to act out perfectly." I reminded her. I hoped that she had some brain under those bleached hair. 

"I know! I just don't know how to get close to him without it getting suspicious. He's all about her and dumped me the second she came back. He doesn't want me anymore." Rachel whined as she went on and on about her oh-so-tragic breakup. Do everybody a favour and jump off a cliff. 

" Maybe you could try to be friends with him?" 

"Friends? Please, Damon doesn't do friends. He's either too busy working or he's with her. I thought she didn't want to be with him! She's so undecided, she can't even decide if she's dead or alive for god's sake." Before Rachel could go on again I interrupted her. 

"Listen, if you fuck this up because of your immature, petty self, I will take you down with me, and I don't think they sell Chanel No.5 in prison." This seemed to get her attention. 

"Now sit down and listen. Somebody like Damon doesn't just get rich like that, out of thin air. He's always loved by the media and nobody has ever said anything bad about him, how? Let me tell you how, he gets rid of people he doesn't like. Anyone that has ever stood in his way, poof, gone. And the money? I bet it's all family inherited. But the question is, where is his family? His first company was his father's, and guess what, when Damon started to work there his father was nowhere to be found. Till this day, nobody knows, nobody asks questions. He has done such terrible things I don't understand how he sleeps at night. And to add to all this, he always, always, ends up on the top. Not anymore. I have worked years for my marketing company to be the best of the best. I won't let him ruin that. It's my time, and I am fed up of living in his shadow!" 

"Sure, hun, but what do you want to achieve then?" 

"I want Damon Queen to go down so hard he will never be able to get up. I want it all out into the world, everything he's done, everyone he got rid of, I want it all in the public eye and watch how his companies crumble down one after another, until he's nothing left but a criminal and a fake. I want everyone to stop loving him!" 

"And remind me why am I doing this again?" I thought I was gonna lose my patience with her. 

"Because, my dear, beautiful Rachel, we have a common enemy. Somebody who betrayed you, dumped you, cheated on you, and threw you away like trash after years of love. And in the end, when he'll be lonely and with no roof over his head, I'm sure he'll come back to you, like a whining puppy, if you'll still want him then, of course." An answer, that seemed to please her beyond words. 

...

That night Rachel went over to Damon and found him drunk on his bed. He looked so depressed she knew she couldn't miss her chance. A few emotional words, and Damon Queen woke up the next morning next to his naked ex fiancée. 

As much as Rachel enjoyed laying next to his warm, well-built and tasty body, she couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal from him. Many men like him have been in her life before, rich men with a status, thinking how a supermodel looked nice on their shoulders. It was never hard for Rachel when it was over, she simply moved on to somebody else. Until she met Damon. He didn't worry about showing her off like a trophy, he mostly just accompanied her like a partner. It was always easy being with Damon, and she missed him. She missed being the number one in his life. She wanted him to suffer a bit of course, but she would definitely forgive him if he asked for her back. And in the end, her and Justin's plan would get everyone what they want. 

A/N

 Good evening, morning or afternoon. I know it's been months, and I'm sorry! I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna write anything again, but here I am :) 

I thought I'd add a little bit of spice by showing some conspiracy between our characters.  What do you think is gonna happen? I love to hear your thoughts! 

With love, 

Sb12